Peoplesoft

Oh yea, it's people lenghty. Amazing, you purchase a product, manipulate it to your use and it still doesn't work right. It takes more time than our old personnel system processing.

Oh well.

If you make a mistake, you cant fix that screen, you have to delete and start all over again.

I wish you all a Happy New Year.

Drive safe

Lisa :)

Comments

• 3 Comments sorted by Votes Date Added
  • I tried Peoplesoft's demo a few years ago and found it to be unwieldy and not very user-friendly. Consequently I didn't even consider buying it. Hope you can tweak yours to at least do what you want it to do. Happy New Year! x:-)
  • Ditto with Beagle. A few years ago I was involved in the RFP process for a new HRIS system and PeopleSoft was a player. The general consensus was that, in general, it was not very user friendly.

The deal killer was the cost to integrate it with other systems in-house. It's great if you take it and use it "off the shelf", but when you start adding modules and customizing it, look out!

Gene
  • I've loved our PeopleSoft system. Of course we came off of a mainframe system that allowed much of the data to be entered free form. Ack! and it was not at all intuitive.

One thing that helped us (it was installed in 3 months from contract to use by 16,000 ee's) is that we use it vanilla. No real changes except minor ones. I think that's what helped us have few to no glitches.

NrdGrrl