Employee Recognition

On a monthly basis my company wants recognize an employee that has gone "above and beyond". Someone who has exceeded expectation and or contributed to the long-term success of our facility. What I want to do is select one employee each month, take their picture and put a couple sentences under their picture describing why their being recognized. Currently I need to establish a list of criteria that an employee must meet to be eligible for the program. Any ideas?

Comments

• 5 Comments sorted by Votes Date Added
  • >On a monthly basis my company wants recognize an
    >employee that has gone "above and beyond".
    >Someone who has exceeded expectation and or
    >contributed to the long-term success of our
    >facility. What I want to do is select one
    >employee each month, take their picture and put
    >a couple sentences under their picture
    >describing why their being recognized. Currently
    >I need to establish a list of criteria that an
    >employee must meet to be eligible for the
    >program. Any ideas?

Maybe I'm missing something here, but you have posted both of the above threads and I'm curious as to how you can award someone for contributing to long-term success and just went through a massive RIF? Iknow you need to do something to help boost morale but how would you feel being the one to receive recognition and your best friend was layed-off?

Good Luck!
  • In answer to this and your other post, I think you need to involve more employees. .Instead of "I want to select", get together a committee, let the group define the criteria and define the process.

As noted on the other post (Don?) one person
    aint going to do it. .

• I agree with Sonny. We have a recognition committee that is comprised of staff from all of our various departments. It helps us all to be better informed when making the selection. Rarely are all the circumstances effectively communicated in our nomination form, so this way we are able to gain additional insight from other staff members before selecting our employee of the month.
  • Ditto the above responses as to the individual awards. Going on from there, our company came up with a values statement that includes the concepts of passion, commitment, pride, integrity, and respect. We use that as criteria for selecting our Employee of the Month.
  • I agree to use a committee, but you're right to establish criteria. Mine are a little more business-oriented. I use:

Meeting or exceeding goals or responsibilities assigned;
    Willingness to take on additional responsibilities;
    Fostering increased productivity or increased efficiency;
    Cost containment;
    Cooperation; and
    Superior customer service.

Hope that helps.

Margaret Morford
    theHRedge
    615-371-8200
    [email]mmorford@mleesmith.com[/email]
    [url]http://www.thehredge.net[/url]