Employer is not paying previlage wage stated in the Labor Certification

I was working in a california based company in L1-B visa for 4 yrs.That company is a subsidary company of indian company.they processed my green card in EB3 category and they promised me to pay 81K with all benifits.I got a Greencard(permanent residence) through counsler processing and I join company in USA.but now they are not paying 81K / year.They are paying 38K / year.

The reason they are telling is , right I am working in Outsource project so they can;t pay 81K.Even though I am in USA Payscale they some how adjust with salary and paying 38K.

I like to change the job.Its possible to change the job within six month of getting green card?...Please advice me...

Comments

• 3 Comments sorted by Votes Date Added
  • [font size="1" color="#FF0000"]LAST EDITED ON 11-11-03 AT 07:26PM (CST)[/font][br][br]You need the expertise of an attorney, not the advice from this human resources forum. We are a group primarily of human resources managers and directors and cannot solve your immigration and employment problems. Seek the advice of a competent attorney. Good luck. Go elsewhere. May you find inner peace and good luck.

PS: What is a 'previlage wage' and who told you there is any such thing?
  • I think he's referring to "prevailing wage" which is governed by contract and based on area. Similar to the current fad of "living wage" but it's been around a lot longer.
  • In certain states, prevailing wage is paid to employees or contractors working on state projects or employees who are here on VISA status. It is not required that employers pay "prevailing wages" to employees who are citizens or permanent residents.