Some Days....

Yesterday was one of those days...

The morning began with my receiving information from our local walk-in clinic regarding an employee who was seen in the AM. The paperwork indicated that the injury was work related (back injury) so I immediately called the clinic to confirm that an alcohol/drug screen was done (we have paperwork on file at the clinic that states this is our policy). After being connected to one of the nurses I was informed that they "missed" getting this done so I informed the nurse that she needed to contact the employee IMMEDIATELY to get her to come back in and have the screening done. About 30 minutes later the nurse called me back and informed me that the EE "changed her mind" and that the injury did NOT occur at work...hmmm..wonder why the story was changed.

Then later in the morning I received a call from another employee (2nd shift) who informed me that the entire family came down with head lice and he wondered if I still wanted him to come into work that day. As you can guess I informed him that NO we did not want him in but that he needs to bring in a receipt from the purchase of the shampoo. He then informed me that the OTC shampoo didn't work and he went to the doctor to get a prescription. Then he proceeded to complain about the price of the prescription.

Some days...

Comments

• 2 Comments sorted by Votes Date Added
  • That's even better than the employee who was suspended without pay for three days and came to work anyway on the first day of the suspension because she thought (duh?) she "could just sit and watch the others work." For the remaining two days of her suspension, when other employees arrived for work, they saw her sitting in her car in the parking lot (she didn't come in the bulding).
  • And what about the guy who just yesterday told me that the reason he entered (speeding) through the exit only gate, was because he did not want his supervisor (whose office overlooks the building entrance) to see him arriving 15 minutes late!

Is it fun yet?