HR Internal Customer Survey

I am wanting to send out a survey to our managers/supervisors in regards to their satisfaction with the Human Resources department. I want to solicit information from them to help tailor the department to meet their needs. Items such as, "What can the H.R. department do to help you with your job?". Has anyone given a short survey to their internal departments of this nature that would be willing to share some of their questions or suggestions? Thanks in advance for your help.

Comments

• 5 Comments sorted by Votes Date Added
  • Out HR survery is about ten pages long and takes a while to complete. But if I were developing my own, I'd try to stay away from open ended questions like that, if you have a manager who is not really sure what HRs funtion is, they may give an inappropriate response then be upset that you did not address it. I would focus on the things that HR does do, and have them use a simple 1-5 rating scale to assess satisfaction. Within each area (benefits, employee relations, training, etc) have a small comment section that clearly refers back to the section they just completed.
  • Thanks for your reply. I agree with staying away from open ended questions. I want to avoid the survey being a negative or a total complaint system. I want to try and elicit responses that I can actually change. Some items are Board of Directors decisions that I really do not have control over. Thanks again.
  • I have something that I can give you. It focuses on all our HR responsibilities: Health insurance, LTD, STD, life insurance, 401K, payroll, travel, safety, training. It basically focuses on, are we below/meeting/or above expectations. We are the corporate office for 8 plants and the focus was on meeting the plants' needs. I'll email if you give me your address.
  • That sounds very interesting and I would like to review your survey. Hopefully, this will give me some good ideas. My email address is [email]tshake@smithville.net[/email]. Thanks a lot!
  • I have reviewed the copy of your survey; it has some very helpful information. Thank you. I still would like to see maybe one or two more to get a good sample so I may share the information with my boss for his feedback. If anyone else would have a sample they would share, that would be greatly appreciated. Thank you.