NEED HELP FAST Safety Fair

I need HELP FAST !!!

Our manager just informed me that he wants ideas for a safety fair and I need to present a rough draft tommorrow. Has anyone out there done anything like this or does anyone have any ideas. I have a few things but could use some help. THANKS.

Comments

• 6 Comments sorted by Votes Date Added
  • I always review my most recent Workmans Comp Claim reports, find the areas with the most claims and present information intended to mitigate the claims.

Slip and fall, lifting, carpal tunnel, etc.
  • Some things depend on your industry but you could always invite the fire department to review evacuation procedures, or see if OSHA sends people out to do safety presentations. If you have unions, perhaps they would be willing to work as a partner in the safety fair. One of our most successful partnerships with the union (probably the only one) is workplace safety as it applies to domestic violence as well as personal safety and domestic violence. They are typically a great resource. Our security department recently printed up cards that attach to our IDs with important numbers to have in case of a workplace emergency and handed them out in the morning as everyone came in to the building.
  • There is a good web site - toolboxtopics.com that has brief "talks" on a wide variety of safety issues. You could download some of these and use them as the basis for a presentation. There is also a commercial product "safety bingo" that is available - this is an incentive program tied to incident reduction.
    Good luck.

• Check with highway patrol, some will have a rollover demonstrator they will bring out. Fire department may come out for educational piece, in Missouri I had a state agency come out and do free glaucoma screenings, also did a blood drive in conjunction with it, and one of our medical providers had health screening services they did.........with fire department, and roll over demonstrator, also did educational booths..................
    There is my $0.10 worth.
    DJ The Balloonman
  • You may want to ask your workers comp. company because it has been my experience that your workers comp company offers this service as part of their contract (at least ours does in CA)to come out and do an evaluation of your facility and safety program and help you with training on safety.
  • We had a combined health and safety fair. We had booths set up by local health care organizations, Chiropractors, etc. We had booths checking blood pressure, eye testing, how to correctly pick objcets up. We also had a fork lift course, who drove it the safest (not the fastest) won a cash prize. It might be easier to incorporate both into one fair.