Federal compliance workplace posters

for the state of California, how many workplace posters need to be posted? I have five (FMLA, Equal Employment Opportunity, Polygraph protection, OSHA, and min. wage). I recently was sent a notice that said there was 10, but it didn't list what 10, they just said I could pay them $39.95 to have them send them to me. I'm not about to pay anyone 40 bucks for something I can get for free, I just want to make sure I have the right ones. Thanks.

Comments

• 6 Comments sorted by Votes Date Added
  • [url]www.gneil.com[/url] sells Labor Law posters and they will list which ones are required by law. They sell the federal 5-in-1 plus three. The plus three are three additional postings on one poster.
  • Lola,

You don't have to go to a vendor to find out the state requirements, just go to the California Division of Labor Standards web site: [url]http://www.dir.ca.gov/dlse/WorkplacePostings.htm[/url]. In many cases, you can download the posters for free.
  • If you are looking for the federal posters, go to [url]www.dol.gov/elaws/posters.htm[/url]. From their you will be asked some questions to determine what posters you need. You can download them for free from there.
  • thank you everyone for your help.
  • I agree with JM's post. Although the gNeil posters cost, they are super professionally done, laminated, large, 5-in-one, plus 3-in-one, don't require an artist's touch to arrange them on a wall, will last forever, don't hog a bulletin board AND, the EEOC seems to love seeing these posters rather than a downloaded assemblage of various things cut and pasted up on a wall. Just my opinion. Then, for those that are state specific, you may indeed have to download those few or order them from a state agency. Another plus with the gneil company is that they will send you periodic updates alerting you to changes in posting requirements for each state you ordered posters for. I have no stock in or interest in that company.
  • I just ordered new posters from G. Neil, including a Spanish version. They are good. I pasted a little note over their ad in the bottom corner to note the locations of the alternate language posters, since I don't have room in every bulletin board for both Spanish and English versions. I put the Spanish one in the breakroom where most of our Hispanic workers have lunch.

I also have an assortment of state specific ones posted, all free from my state DOL office.