Salary Scale

I need to finally put in place a salary scale for our company. We are 8 years old and have relied on salaries from the Warren Survey as to how we pay our employees here at our small insurance company. But, we've gone from 65 employees to about 202 in 5 years and now we are beginning to see that we must have an upper limit, at the least, for our positons.

I read the postings on the forum often and have been bold enough to post a couple questions before. I am in awe at the knowledge and experience out here. I gather such good feelings everytime I read almost anything out here because I know I'm not alone. And I am hopeful that in posting this request someone will have a resource that can help me.

Having said that I do not know how to create a salary scale and am wondering if anyone has the name of someone or a website I could visit which could assist in this. Or if someone could tell me how to create a salary scale, I would be most appreciative.

Thank you so much, Carole

Comments

• 1 Comment sorted by Votes Date Added
  • Carole,

I can walk you through the basics for creating your own wage scale. If you want a compensation expert to do it for you, I have one who's great and has done a good job for my other clients. I'd also refer you to a couple of websites that will give you specific salary information

[url]www.salary.com[/url]
    [url]www.wageweb.com[/url]
    [url]www.jobstar.org[/url]
    [url]www.careerinfonet.org[/url]
    [url]www.bisgov[/url]

Call me if I can help you in any way.

Margaret Morford
    theHRedge
    615-371-8200
    [email]mmorford@mleesmith.com[/email]
    [url]http://www.thehredge.net[/url]