EMPLOYMENT APPLICATION FORMS

Does anyone have a "Hazardous materials employee statement" provided on their application forms? This is a new one on me, but I have been informed that it is a DOT requirement. Help!

Comments

• 4 Comments sorted by Votes Date Added
  • I am a bit confused. The Department of Transportation wants a Hazardous Materials statement on your Application? The DOT has nothing to do with hazardous materials - other than if your employee is transporting such materials in the course of his/her duty as a driver. What exact organization made this request and what did it say - exactly?
  • Following is what our Environmental Mgr. requested as a Part of a SECURITY PLAN required by DOT HM-232:

quote "Personnel Security - This portion of the plan must contain a methodology for checking or confirming prospective hazardous materials employee statements provided on job applications." end quote

Upon further checking, it turns out that this only means that we need a statement stating that we will verify info provided on application (according to Env. Mgr.) - Sorry to go to the forum with such a half-baked question but this guy spooked me. He is so, so, so officious that I wanted some info before I questioned him.

• Hey, I never know what new thing government agencies dream up. Nothing surprises me (much)...
    :)