Salaried -- qualifications

I would like a clear listing of the qualifications for being
salaried, other than just making the employee feel more important
and not be required to complete a time sheet.

Comments

• 3 Comments sorted by Votes Date Added
  • >I would like a clear listing of the qualifications for being
    > salaried, other than just making the employee feel more important
    > and not be required to complete a time sheet.

I think you may be referring to Exempt vs Non-Exempt. Check out the DOL website for clarification and qualifications. Sorry I don't have the exact address but I'm sure that one of the more computer literate posters will respond.

• The website is [url]www.dol.gov[/url].
  • Dorisj: Welcome to the forum, your posting is one asked by most new posters. You can also get from your local friendly wage and hour folks a free issue ofRegulations Part 541: Defining the terms ......it defines clear as mud, but you can basically get to the bottomline which is soon going to change. A person supervising 2, 40 hour a week+ employees can usually be identified as supervisor and salaried, any given manager with decision making responsibility and upper level degrees will normally make the test. However, my company has several managers with no higher than a high scholl degree and they are salared.
    We have two technicians with a significant piece of the business with decision making responsibilities and they are salared. On the other hand, we have supervisors who lead guide and direct the work of three others and we choose to pay them on a hourly wage rate, we don't have to but we do it anyway inorder to be competitive with other employers. If there is continuously physical work accomplished by a person for 80% of their work day they are probably non-exempt from the FLSA. Hope this helps! Richard