Critical Incident Planning/Emergency Plan

Does anyone have a policy regarding Critical Incident Planning/Emergency Plan that you would be willing to share with me? We are in the process of writing this new policy and could use the help.

Any help from someone would be most appreciated.

Thanks,
Cindy

Comments

• 2 Comments sorted by Votes Date Added
  • Cindy,
    I hope someone else will have a policy for you -- sorry, I don't. But I can guide you to an informative, new overview article on the topic. To find the article, go to the search screen (to the bottom left of this message) and type in "emergency preparedness." The search will provide you with a link to an article that the editors of Indiana Employment Law Letter just put together on the topic for their June 2003 issue. You won't see the article at first, but keep scrolling down until you see the big headline (not the first, smaller version of it that you'll scroll past): "Head for the hills? Legal issues and strategies to cope with workplace emergencies."

If you're a subscriber, there's a lot more info behind the password. Disaster preparedness has been a hot topic in our state employment law newsletters since 9/11. Once you've logged in with your password, here are some "hot" search words that you should use: "terrorism," "disaster," and "emergency." Make sure that you click on "all states" for your searches and not just "Michigan." (The search automatically defaults to the state where you're checking in from, but you can override that by clicking on "All States.") Hope this helps. Call me or e-mail me offline if you need any help. tk

Tony Kessler, director of editorial
    M. Lee Smith Publishers, LLC
    (615) 661-0249 ext. 8068
  • Our Agency has spent the last 2 years developing one...and our department just began ours....what are you looking for? The current policy is about 2 thousand pages!!!

feel free to email me:
    [email]dhollan1@pheaa.org[/email]