I need advice!!!

We have a current ee who is friends with a terminated ee. The terminated ee is showing up at our location and having lunch with our current ee on our premises. We are not saying that they shouldn't have lunch together just not here. Can we request that the current ee meet the term ee at another location.
If so, could there be any adverse effects by doing this since it is current ee's time. :-? x:-/

Comments

• 6 Comments sorted by Votes Date Added
  • Do you allow anyone else to eat lunch with employees on the premises?
  • No, typically they meet off premises. But, should this be brought up to the current ee. No unauthorized personnel are to be on our premises during work hours. I guess I am answering my own questions. #-o I had to see in writing to hit me in the head.x:D Brain Freeze.x:-8 S O R R Y, may I be excused, PLEASE.
  • I was having a similar problem - we do have a full-service cafeteria. I had allowed ee's to bring in spouses for special ocassions. When former ee's started coming for lunch, too, I put a stop to all non-employees using the cafeteria. Memos were distributed with the next checks. No problems since.
  • We don't have a cafeteria, so employees often meet their former friends for lunch outside the premises. We did have a problem with some employees bringing former employees as "guests" to our annual Christmas party. A lot of people felt very uncomfortable with this, so a memo had to be issued asking employees not to do this because of the fact stated. Before we did this, we had one former employee who showed up at every event we had for employees as a "guest" of another employee.
  • Another thought would be to incorporate this into a policy. Such as all former employees are expected to receive prior authorization before returning to the premisis. I would limit those who could grant authorization to the HR departmant and selected members of the management team. This way former employees on site will not cause a panic, I have certainly seen my share of panic when this happens.
  • Inelson: For your information, in our state, our attorney has advised me to issue a "letter of NO trespass" to all disgruntled or unwanted
    x-employees. They must be told they are not wanted on the property and if they do not remove their person from the premisses the police authority will be called to have them removed. This letter format constitutes the first warning, afterwhich, a call to the police, an arrest, followed by a prosecution will be successful. Without the letter, then a personal direct and personal discussion is required by a person of the company with the authority to issue a threat or warning must be issued.. After the warning they, must be given time to exercise the option to leave. Any failure to react immediately gives one grounds for prosecution.

There are some legal issues here, run any plan of action by your attorney to make sure your actions will stick and not cause the company any form of "backlash". You should also validate that you have the authoruity to issue a threat or warning regardless of that person's previous history of employment.

May you have a blessed day! PORK