Stupid, Naive or what???

My company has a mail delivery truck that delivers mail every day around 9:00 a.m. and picks up mail around 3:00 p.m. He drives an 18 wheeler and he parks on our premises after his first delivery and sleeps until he has to pick up the mail at 3:00p.m.

I have a situation with a female ee. She gets very friendly, I believe she is only trying to be friendly but comes off as very flirty, with the driver while her boy friend who also works here sees this. The driver has given her money and a mother's day card. The driver sent a threat through the female ee that if her boy friend doesn't back off .........

My supervisors have talked with the female ee and her boyfriend about how serious this situation is.

What can I do? Can I change her position where she doesn't deal with the driver? Can I call the truck company to have a new driver sent out here??? If they term him, can he sue me??

Thanks.
-T

Comments

• 6 Comments sorted by Votes Date Added
  • Call the trucking company and ask for a new driver, or don't let the driver stay in your parking lot. You can't control who sues who, but your personal risk is very (repeat a dozen times) very small.
  • Don't let the driver sleep in your parking lot. Idle hands make the devils work. If the company sends a new driver you are going to have similar problems. You have every right to get the guy OFF your property.

Stephen
  • I agree with both prior posts. Regardless of who flirts with whom or what level of cavorting is or is not occuring, you cannot have a person on your property who issues any level of threat to other people, no matter what medium the threat takes (telling her to tell him). Either tell him to get his truck gone as soon as he picks up the mail or do what Gillian suggested. Sounds like you may also have your own personal brand of 'lot lizzard' working for the company. I thought those only existed at truck stops.
  • I can not believe that the mail company (US Postal Service?)is aware that they have a driver on duty who spends 6 hours in your lot. Did I understand that correctly?

Is the sweet thing away from her work area when she is being Miss Warmth? The boyfriend works there and she gets $$$ and a card from the driver?

You are asking questions that have an obvious answer. Your first concern should be your company and its employees who are watching this spectacle.

Which one of the cast are you asking us to classify as stupid or naive?

• The female ee and her boyfriend. Me too, I guess!

The truck driver is contracted out by the Postal Service.

Thanks everyone for your input.
  • That driver is employed by the company whose name appears on the back of the box beside a number. The box is the trailer. If it is not there, call the postal service and ask them for the name of the contractor whose number is xxxxx. Call or write him to advise of the problem. Although he is paying the driver to run from point x to point y and return, I find it strange that he has that much time to kill on his route. Anyway, the owner of that truck will handle this problem in the drop of a hat.