HR Internal Audits

I looked on the threads and couldn't locate one that answered my question. We are looking at composing an internal audit system/checklist for use in the HR Department. Does anyone know of a good resource that might be used?

Comments

• 1 Comment sorted by Votes Date Added
  • I don't know of any checklists, but you should have a good resourse for the HR laws. The Ohio Chamber of Commerce sells the "Ohio and Federal Employment Law Manual", and other C of C's may do the same in your state. Then look at where your greatest liability lies. For example, you can be charged $100 per day for not complying with HIPAA, so that's one you don't want to let slip.

Make sure you have policies and that they are followed consistently. Our host for the Employer Forum has a "quicklist" that presents a lot of situations you may have to deal with and is a good way to determine if you have the policies in place to address these issues.

Actually, I did see a checklist once. The auditors brought it with them when they came to visit my department last year.