Parvo Virus

...so sorry for the spelling! #-o I had an ee come to me and tell me that they think that they got the Parvo Virus while working at our company. We work with adolescent children, and this could very well have happened. I am thinking that this would be a WC. What kind of documentation should I be asking the ee for? Is there a way that the ee can "prove" that they contracted the virus from our company? The ee has accumulated over $3,500 in meds alone! xflash The ee has waited this long to say anything, because they didn't want to trouble the company with the expense but according to the ee's doctor, the signs of Parvo Virus show up after 2 weeks. Virus and WC...this is starting to get interesting! /:)

As always, thank you for your time and consideration.

Kari Swenson

Comments

• 2 Comments sorted by Votes Date Added
  • [font size="1" color="#FF0000"]LAST EDITED ON 04-30-03 AT 03:15PM (CST)[/font][p]Go ahead and file the claim -- I've always felt "when in doubt, file!" Let the insurance company adjusters do their job and determine work relatedness. Worst that can happen is they'll deny the claim.

Wait a minute! I just remembered what Parvo is... can humans even get Parvo?
  • >Wait a minute! I just remembered what Parvo is... can humans even
    >get Parvo?

(Laughing) That is a common misunderstanding. (I didn't even know until this came up) Parvo is usually contracted from young kids; one way to know if a child might have the virus is that their cheeks are very red (looks like they got slapped). It is not very common in adult and causes joint pains. This is a virus for your dog and your kid!

Thank you so much for your assistance in this matter.

Kari