Example of Affirmative Action Plan

Hello Everyone! Being new to the HR team, I have been researching the non-profit agency that I work for. I am finding many things wrong and will need lots of advice! The most recent is we do not have an Affirmative Action Plan. Does anyone have a sample plan for a small organization that I may follow? If you do can you email me one or fax it to me if it is easier.
My email address is [email]mmurray@rcaction.org[/email] and my fax number is 1-603-431-2916.
Thanks for all your help.

Comments

• 6 Comments sorted by Votes Date Added
  • Before starting to implement a AAP, PLEASE be sure that you have to. If you are not required either under Title VII, do government contract work or have had a complaint filed against you, I would not go there. However, if you are required, unfortunately each Affirmative Action Plan is different. You have to
    account for why you have underutiliaztion in some groups and then have a plan to help correct that. There are so many what ifs and where as and so whats
    needed that if you do have to write a plan, I would suggest outsourcing this to a profressional. A few months ago, someone posted on the forum that they had someone that they used. Maybe they will respond and give you some more advice.

• I believe that was me. I have a consultant, that works for my company, who routinely does the AAP's for small, medium and large businesses. Most HR people don't have time to do them, even if they have time to learn the laws governing them. If you want more information, don't hesitate to contact me.

Margaret Morford
    theHRedge
    615-371-8200
    [email]mmorford@mleesmith.com[/email]
    [url]http://www.thehredge.net[/url]
  • Mary, we are also a not-for-profit. We have well over 50 employees, and have government contracts over $10,000, which requires us to comply with Executive Order 11246 (amongst other fun stuff, a written AAP is part of the order). I'm not sure what your requirements are, but we have a manual we used to write our plan (after receiving several quotes around $8K from various sources). We passed our DOL/OFCCP audit with flying colors, I might add. (Pretend I just put a VERY smiley face here!) If $ isn't an issue, however, I'd contact one of Margaret's sources, because it is time consuming. Good luck.
  • Nina
    Could you please send me information on the manual you used for the AAP?
    I need to do one and would like some direction.
    Thank you.
    DianeD
  • I would also very much appreciate obtaining a copy or copies of AAP's since I will be needing to do one for our Company very soon. Any help will be greatly appreciated.
  • Hi Larry - I emailed Mary an offer to mail her what I have (it's a bit too large to fax) - I offer you the same - you can email me at [email]niovino@joboptionsinc.org[/email] and let me know where I can send the sample. Good luck to you, too.

Nina