AAP Wording on Invoices

We are in the process of doing an Affirmative Action Plan and I know that we need to have some wording printed on Invoices, contracts, etc. (Affir. Action "Clause".) I am also reading about VEVRAA requiring a 13-paragraph clause on all contracts of $10,000 and more?? 13 paragraphs!!! ??? And...we also need to send oout a letter in writing to all of our vendors and sub-contractors - for them to complete and send back to us (regarding their compliance)?? Can any of you provide me with some help on just what I need to say on all these, or point me in the right direction for help? Thanks!

Comments

• 3 Comments sorted by Votes Date Added
  • KYMM: I am with a private company! We do not have anything on our invoices or other coorespondance about AAP. In company ads for recruiting, we state that we are an "EEO company" and that is it. We have in our employee handbook our employment practices in hiring and termination. Unless your company is a public company and required by law either state or federal, I would encourage you to refrain from establishing "an affirmative action plan" and stick with a policy of hiring the "most qualified candidate" on all positions. "Most qualified candidate" gives your company the most flexibility to adjust your internal review of your population profiles as you see fit to correct imbalances. Where there is an issue within your organization you can move to correct the situation! Pork
  • [font size="1" color="#FF0000"]LAST EDITED ON 04-02-03 AT 11:08AM (CST)[/font][p]Kymm: If you are a government contractor ($10000 or +) or are a subcontractor to one who is, you must establish an AAP and list the required comments in certain places. Find a website on OFCCP (Office Of Federal Contractor Compliance Programs) and check out the requirements of Executive Order 11246. You have quite a few obligations if you're unlucky enough for this coverage to hit you.
  • Thanks, Don... yes, unfortunately, we are a federal contractor so I don't have much choice in this. I had checked out the OFCCP website, but guess I was just hoping someone out there might have "samples" of their wording that they use -
    just trying to make one aspect of this job a little easier... :-)