background checks

We are a health care facility and have to do Criminal Offender Record Investigation (CORI) checks on our CNAs and nursing staff. I was told that if an applicant lived in another state, I had to do a CORI in that state also. I should be doing CORIs in each state the person lived in. I'm in Massachusetts and have only been doing MA. If this is the case, does anyone know of a national CORI register or how I would go about doing CORIs in other states?

Thanks for any help you can give me.

Comments

• 4 Comments sorted by Votes Date Added
  • There is a company called Avert that can help you. There phone number is 800-367-5933. I hope this helps. Good Luck.

• We use a company called Safe Hands Employment Screening. They can do any kind of report in any state. The turn around time is about 48 hours, but you have to remind them once in a while that you need that fast turnaround time. Other than that they have been great to work with. Their phone number is 910-815-3880.
  • I would think that most Background Research type companies could offer this service. We run the criminal on every state an applicant has lived or worked in
    the past 7 yrs. Not soliciting for any company but some that I have used are:
    Application Researchers; Background America; Krolls; Fowlers Profile Links. Most of them will guarantee a maximum of a 72 hr. turnaround. Hope this helps.
  • Thank you for the recommended companies to do background checks. We went with a company called PRSI whose rates seem the most competitive and they have a 72 hour turn around time.

If anyone is interested in checking them out, please let me know, I'd be happy to give you info on them.

Valentine