Incentive Pay for HR Position

Does anyone have an incentive plan for their HR Manager? If so, would you please share with me. Is this a quarterly plan or an annual incentive plan?

Thanks.

Debbie

Comments

• 6 Comments sorted by Votes Date Added
  • DEBBIE: In my 28 years of HR practice I have been on both and neither. I personally prefer the subjective approach with the owners. I have realized an annual bonus over the last three years of $2, 4, and 5,ooo.oo dollars and this year was a bad year for the production bonus. When on an objective bonus I was required to meet 5 different %percentage golds, I hit all of my objectives but since the company did not make X sales, my bonus was not paid yet the marketing group got bonuses because the VP of merchandising did not selectively put that clause in their bonus contracts. last year I put over $13,000.00 back on the bottom line from my OJT program reimbursement from the Fed/State program. No HR in our company had ever done that, thus the owners gave me the top bonus in the company ($5000.00. "Special trust and confidence" in me by the owners is what I bank on. Now, you need to know that I have the visibility with and direct connection with the owners whenever I need to. Without the ability to impress the owners, I would rather have a written bonus plan with achievable objectives that I would write up and agree to. Hope this helps! Pork
  • Used to have something like that at one of my jobs. No, wait. That was hostile fire pay. Sorry. x;-)

• Hey... wait a minute! Some of you guys get paid???
  • You mean you get an invoice every two weeks? I do, too! x;-)
  • Where I am employed, all middle-managers (and I am one of them) are in a 30% bonus pool, meaning we received 30% of salary in additional bonuses. If you are earning $60,000 per year, bonuses would be $18,000 for the year. These are paid every 6 months - in June and December. In the example, employee gets $9,000 in June and $9,000 in December.

And no, I won't allow you to takeover my job. :>)
  • One year we set company wide goals for income and return on equity. It was determined that as certain goals were reached, the percentage of bonus went up. At the end of the year everyone in the company got 9% of annual pay. I like this teamwork approach as no department can succeed without the support of the others.