Help

[font size="1" color="#FF0000"]LAST EDITED ON 09-06-02 AT 08:04AM (CST)[/font][p]I've got an employee who is exempt. The boss is calling her at home at odd hours. There have been calls at 10PM on a Sunday night. There have been phone calls made to her at home after she has left the office for the day and these are all to discuss work issues, my question can he legally do this? My employee is asking, "my boss is calling me at home after work hours, what can i do to stop him?" Does anybody have any suggestions for me?

Thank you,

Mary

Comments

• 1 Comment sorted by Votes Date Added
  • Several possibilities--

1. She tells him when he calls that "now" is not convenient, but tomorrow at XX AM she will be available at the office to discuss business.

2. She should make a point of checking with him before she leaves the office to make sure that "all's clear for the night" as she will not be available later.

3. Use her answering machine to screen her calls. The next day she tells him that she got his message... What was so urgent?

4. You talk to him and tell him to stop. Explain that an executive calling another employee at home at odd hours for no good reason or for something that could easily wait until the next day at the office is pushing the window to unpleasant accusations.