Incentives

Are we in violation of any regs if a department super has a rafle of $25 for those emp. that show up for work during an incliment weather day.

Comments

• 2 Comments sorted by Votes Date Added
  • Raffles are against the law in my state. But then, so are our multitude of Super Bowl Pools at the office. I remember years ago having an office raffle of a Schwinn Bicycle, raising money for a bone marrow transplant for an employee's spouse. Even went to the trouble to get the Catholic Priest to draw the winning name, trying to be on the up and up. Got a call from the agency attorney chastising us for breaking the law. Hope a deserving person wins your prize.
  • I don't know if you'd be breaking any regs., but I don't really like this idea. Sure, there will always be people who see one snowflake and call to say they can't come in, but in cases of severe weather, there are people like me with enough common sense not to drive on ice! Instead of a raffle or drawing like that, why not have the co. buy lunch for everyone who makes it in, or donuts for a morning coffee break? A former boss of mine did this, and it went over great.