Where do we file this form?

Since employee privacy rights are becoming more and more of an issue for employers (especially HR), we have changed how we file certain 'sensitive' information. For example, filing I-9's in a separate binder/cabinet and filing all medical information in a separate drawer to name a few... So I was wondering where would employee responses to self-identify (according to our Affirmative Action plan) need to be filed? Should that be in a separate folder by itself?

Comments

• 3 Comments sorted by Votes Date Added
  • [font size="1" color="#FF0000"]LAST EDITED ON 11-15-02 AT 01:12PM (CST)[/font][p]I suppose so. Otherwise you defeat the purpose of this mystical supposition that we can pretend we don't know each other's race. A Friday sort of comment.
  • Nice Don.. I like that.. "A friday comment". I suppose that refers to a sort of half-hearted, almost to the weekend so why bother, cynical from a tough week attitude?

I could see a new adjective here. "Paul, you're showing friday conviction when we really need a Tuesday or at least Wednesday morning effort on this!"

I will add that to my growing list of HR code words.

Paul
  • Seriously, JMPHR, the form should go to a separate file, perhaps a file alongside your EEO-1 file or AAP file. The theory being that nothing in the main personnel file, accessible to supervisors, will identify certain demographics. Sorry for the half hearted answer earlier, although it is a bit truthful. Have a good weekend.