Employee Profile

Those of you who are in the hospitality indiustry...does your company use a "profile" to screen for candidates who are best suited for hospitality or guest services positions? If so, what criteria do you use?

Comments

• 1 Comment sorted by Votes Date Added
  • Cheryl,

In the sense that I have created behavioral questions I ask in the interview process which reveal (hopefully) the desired qualities we are looking for then yes we do.

For example, we learned this summer season that being "laid back" is a great quality for children's counselors who need to be flexible and people oriented but it doesn't work well with housekeeping staff who need to be self-motivated and detail oriented.

So, when we hire next years housekeeping crew, I will craft job related interview questions that will hopefully reveal which applicants are self-motivated and oriented towards detail and quality.

On the other hand, our children's couselors will be asked questions that reveal how relational they are.

We also do personality profiles after they are hired to teach interpersonal skills, learning styles, and how to work with different kinds of people.

Hope that is helpful to you.

Paul