HRIS System

We are searching for a new HRIS/Payroll System for our practice. We are growing very rapidly and we are looking for a program that will serve us for years and can be upgraded as needed.

I have looked at Great Plains (which, I understand is a Microsoft product). It appears to be very user friendly and easily upgradable. I am also considering PeopleSoft, but have not looked at it yet.

Question is: (1) Are any of your familiar with Great Plains and (2) what HRIS are you using to keep up with Human Resource data.

Thanks!

Comments

• 2 Comments sorted by Votes Date Added
  • Not familiar with Great Plains. Used HR Perspectives (ADP product) fairly easy to understand (for running reports) if you have a strong computer background...pretty user friendly. We will however be switching to PeopleSoft the begining of next year. I hear it's much more user friendly and a lot more can be done with it.

Good luck!
  • Thanks. I am looking forward to examining the PeopleSoft product. We now use ADP/HR Profiles and I don't find it easy to use ReportSmith which runs reports. Too cumbersome. The neat thing about the Great Plains product is there are so many reports already built into the system that you can just point and click and get the info you need quickly.

PeopleSoft is evidently, very pricey, but we will see. Thanks for your info.