HR Comply

I recently signed up to receive resources from HR Comply. They sent me an Employment law manual for my state, a cd rom, they send me Newsletter abstracts to my email and I have access to their helpline. The cost is $207 USD and I have a 30 day trial period. Does anyone else use HR Comply for resources, and if so, was it useful? My trial period is up soon, so I appreciate any quick feedback I can get.

Comments

• 4 Comments sorted by Votes Date Added
  • Because of tough times at our company I can't have as many "extras" as I use to and I have canceled everything excpet my membership to HR Comply. I think everything is reader friendly and very useful. I would highly recommend signing up. x:-)
  • We actually get this service free from our EPLI carrier. Ask your carriers/brokers about it. Sometimes these things are available free for the asking.

HR Comply was just bought by Ceridian. Ceridian customers should get a significant break on price to add it.

As far as my opinion of the product, it seems ok. I think their web based sex har training is a bit lacking but the research tools seem easy to use. My favorite service is BNA but they cost a lot more...
  • What is EPLI? I'm not sure I have one of those.
  • EPLI is Employer Practices Liability Insurance. It is insurance that will cover the company in the event of sexual harassment and discrimination lawsuits and the like.

Before you purchase it, make sure you do your research. Some jurisdictions do not allow the insurance to cover punitive damages, and most won't help you out if reinstatement it the remedy. There are lots of other issues like high deductables and exclusions, so you really need to reseach it before you purchase it if you decide to do so.