Circular organizational charts

We are a healthcare agency where the patient is the center of our attention. Somewhere, I came across an organizational chart that was created in a circular fashion -- but now I can't find it. We work as an interdisciplinary team and this circular chart would be perfect. Let's see if I can explain:

Similar to a bullseye, the patient would be in the center. The circle around it would be the employees who provide direct patient care (nurses, aides, etc.) the next farther circle would be the employees supporting the family (social workers, counselors, etc.) Perhaps the next farther circle would be the office personnel who answer the phones; then the administrative team, then would come, in this ever-widening circle, the members of our board of directors and finally, the donors who contribute to our non-profit organization to make it all happen.

Whew! Has anyone ever seen what I'm trying to explain? Do you have a source that you can share? I know it's not traditional in any way, but we'd love to give it a try here. Thanks!

Comments

• 1 Comment sorted by Votes Date Added
  • The software I use for charts does not have a circular option, but these people might be able to provide one for you: Tech support, Broderbund's Banner Blue Division (510)794-6850. They make windows application diskettes that will do everything from organizing a soccer round-robin to planning the collegiate NCAA playoffs to charting your entire organization. No, I don't sell for them, just sound like it. Don