JobDescriptionNeeded

Anyone out there have a job description for a Track Field Service Engineer (Railroad Track). Most of the jobs we have here are not listed on the more popular websites. I work for a company that builds and maintains railroad equipment, its tough to come by information in this field. I would appreciate any help!

RJS

Comments

• 2 Comments sorted by Votes Date Added
  • Tell me what one does and I'll see if I can relate it to a title and description in the Dictionary of Occupational Titles.
  • How about this?:
    Track-Laying Supervisor (construction), alternate titles: extra-gang supervisor; rail gang supervisor; track layer, head: track leader. Supervises and coordinates activities of workers engaged in laying and repairing railroad tracks: Measures distances from reference stakes to locate positions for installation of trackage, switches and crossovers. Verifies alignment of rails by measuring distances from rails to predetermine center line. Supervises track-surfacing machine operators and track layers in the repair of railroad tracks. (Dictionary of Occupational Titles, US DOL, 4th edition, page 905)