Looking for ideas....

Hi everyone,

I am currently taking an online course and one of the requirements is to do a research project. I have to choose a topic that is business-related and it has to be narrow enough for me to write a report of 5 to 7 pages. Some of the examples the instructor provided was ergonomics, sexual harassment policies, netiquette and romance in the workplace. Those are all good ideas but I thought I would pick each of your brains to see if there is a topic that hasn't been "over-researched" or just really sounds interesting.

If you have any thoughts or ideas no matter how wild or goofy it sounds please let me know. Just keep in mind, it has to be a topic that I will be able to find articles on using the campus library databases. I am able to use the Web to a certain extent but my main sources must come from "credible" sources.

Thanks!

Comments

• 4 Comments sorted by Votes Date Added
  • Ruby,

I am fascinated by how cell phones have infiltrated the workplace and how employers must deal with the various problems these little devils pose. I just love going to Blockbasher Video and waiting for the cashier to finish her cell phone conversation before ringing up my copy of "Running With the Big Dogs II"

Like all suggestions, this may be worth what it cost you.

[email]paulknoch@hotmail.com[/email]
  • Along the same line, how about technology and how that affects work and family issues. I refuse to become a 24 hour employee, but from my observation cell phones, pagers, lap-tops etc. have turned everyone into reachable people 24 hours a day. There may be some positives to that but a heck of a lot of negatives.
  • How about employee entitlement in the 21st century?

I read in the paper that the steel industry is trying to get the government to take over the legacy promises it made to it's employees for pension and health care after retirement. This involves billions of dollars. Some of the auto makers have lobbied for the same thing. Isn't it amazing that while other businesses have had to deal with no longer giving these benefits to retirees, these industries believe that the American people should foot the bill for their inability to tell employees that employers cannot provide everything?

Margaret Morford
    theHRedge
    615-371-8200
    [email]mmorford@mleesmith.com[/email]
    [url]http://www.thehredge.net[/url]
  • Great ideas everyone! Thanks for your help!

Ruby