Poll - Administion vs. Staff Diability Policies

How many of you out there have different policies for upper management/administrative position than you do for staff and what are the variances? Do you, for instance, extend the length of time you will pay for medical insurance and extend the amount of time off (before you replace them)for employees in administration beyond that time period you pay for a staff member? Your input is appreciated.

Comments

• 5 Comments sorted by Votes Date Added
  • We have different production bonus plans; we have a special plant manager only special compensatory time off of one week which is sanctioned by the Owners. He (the family) knows the plant managers are on board for '25 hours a day and 8 days a week', therefore the owners must try and give them something special that no one else gets. It is a perk of the position of plant manager. I am the HR and I must administer the program but I do not get to participate. Staff are hourly employees and get to sale back their leave and sick time before they loose it. Management does not we use it or loose it. But then if I need to be off to take care of personal business I do and coordinate it with the General Manager, my boss. I do not get charged vacation nor sick time. Therefore I use it but in hourly sets time. Likewise, I fall out for the companies calls at all hours of the day or night to take care of business. I am a 25 hour aday and 8 day a week soldier of our company. I hope this helps. Pork
  • We have different policies for our hourly and exempt salaried employees as far as time off and short-term disability but all employees are treated the same for medical and other insurance purposes as well as under all of the various laws and regulations (FMLA, COBRA, etc.)
  • Management, regular exempt, and hourly employees are treated the same except for 2 items. Managers get 1 week more in leave and are eligible for bonuses (which occur rarely).
  • The only difference we have is that non-exempt employees reach the maximum vacation level in two years and exempt immediatly.
  • More life insurance and better retirement are bennies to higher managment/paid grades. Both have proved to be detrimental to morale and I don't like either even though I benefit from 1.