Dress Codes

I'm just curious how everyone feels about the subject of office dress codes. What's acceptable for everyday wearing apparel in your office? I'm wondering about both male and female attire. How do you feel about shorts being worn by both male and female office personnel? Has business casual or Friday casual gone too far?

Comments

• 1 Comment sorted by Votes Date Added
  • >I'm just curious how everyone feels about the subject of office dress
    >codes. What's acceptable for everyday wearing apparel in your office?
    > I'm wondering about both male and female attire.

Butch,

Back in the beginning to mid July there was a forum discussion about dress codes. Scroll down to the bottom of the forum page if you wish to read it, or do a search for dress codes.

>How do you feel about shorts being worn by both male and female office personnel?

In my opinion, shorts of any kind should not be worn in the workplace. Right now, they are only allowed on Saturday's and Sunday's for those few individuals in our call centers who work on the weekend. We are a service oriented industry and we do have clients that visit from time to time. It is an office building, and just recently they instituted a "business casual" attire policy. Before it used to be "business professional".

>Has business casual or Friday casual gone too far?

As I said earlier, we just recently changed our dress policy. For most people, they haven't done anything different to their attire when changed from bus. prof. to bus. casual. The guys now don't have to wear shirt and tie, they can wear collard shirt and "khaki's". Unfortunately though, some people took bus. casual to mean I can wear whatever I want to feel comfortable. Some days it looks quite like we're having a beach party. It's up to our managers to "enforce" the rules on dress code...and most don't do it. We should have stayed the way we were.

Oh well! I guess as long as their people are getting the job done, and we don't have clients visiting, it doesn't really matter what they wear...within reason of course.