Out of town trips.

x:-/ When our employees are required to go offsite to a job location we automatically pay them for time to and from home to job site, hours worked, provide a vehicle and pay all expenses including food and hotel accommodations.

My question is if the company approves an employee to take a (non employee) spouse, girlfriend, significant other along on an extended out of town job provided that the non employee gets to the location city by themselves and the employee picks up any applicable expenses (i.e. Extra hotel expenses for second person, food etc.) and the non employee is not allowed on the job site at any time, could the company incur any liability as a result of the company simply allowing that non employee to stay in the hotel with the employee while required to be out of town on a job site.

I could not find anything specifically in Tennessee Law that would make us liable but wanted to hear if anyone else knows of any possible incurred liability if we were to allow this. Any thoughts would be greatly appreciated

Comments