Confidentiality Statement

We have a statement of confidentiality that all employees sign in connection with our patients' confidentiality. My CEO is in the process of hiring a new Executive Assistant and he would like for this person (because of the high level of trust and confidential information) to sign some sort of confidentiality statement which would prohibit this person from passing on information either during employment or after. The statement would also include something to the effect if there is any suspicion of any wrong doing on the part of the CEO or any member of the management team, the EA would bring it to the attention of the President of the corporation (a physician) or myself as Director of HR.

My CEO was burned very badly by his former EA and is very gun shy. Do any of you use these statements?

Thanks!

Comments

• 1 Comment sorted by Votes Date Added
  • Our confidentiality statement is a part of our employee policy manual. All employees must sign for the manual and also sign that they have read the manual and understand its content. You can add a special sign off doe confidentiality, but it should be for all employees. You can also add confidentality as a part of the job description, and the employee should sign the job description, and a copy should be placed in the personnel file.