Living Wage

[font size="1" color="#FF0000"]LAST EDITED ON 06-27-02 AT 09:48AM (CST)[/font][p]Does anyone have any information on the posting requirements for the "Living Wage"? I have the standard 5-in-1 poster that shows the state and federal minimum wage but I had an employee question me as to why the Living Wage information wasn't posted. I found information pertaining to Prevailing Wages but that only applies to state contractors.

Any help would be appreciated.

Comments

• 2 Comments sorted by Votes Date Added
  • [font size="1" color="#FF0000"]LAST EDITED ON 06-28-02 AT 03:55PM (CST)[/font][p]I don't know what it is. It's not required in MS. I think its one of those Teddy Kennedy inventions that's not, as yet, codified. x:-)
  • My understanding of the "living wage" is that it is the minimum hourly rate of pay necessary to raise an employee (hypothetical family of four) out of poverty. A living wage varies in that it is based on the cost of living in various areas, regions, cities etc. It is often an argument used for raising the minimum wage and to my knowledge is not a federal or state required posting.