WRONGFUL TERMINATION

MGR OF CORPORATION (MERCANTILE INDUSTRY) TERMINATED ON GROUNDS OF "UNABLE TO FOLLOW CO POLICIES & PROCEDURES. MY MNGMNT TRAINING CONSIST OF 2 DAYS @ 4 HOURS EACH, VERBAL BRIEFING WITH OWNER BUT NO COMPLETE AGREEMENT OR CONTRACT.
ONE YEAR LATER, SUDDENLY I WAS UNABLE TO MEET CORPORATES REQUIREMENTS. NOW HOW COULD THAT HAVE BEEN? ON A DAY-TO-DAY BASIS I HAD CONTINUIOUSLY PERFORMED MY RESPONSIBILITIES IN THE SAME MATTER. DAYS PRIOR TO BEING TERMINATED, I HAD A DISAGREEMENT WITH THE COMPANY'S AREA MANAGER AND WHICH I HAD DEFENDED MYSELF (FREEDOM OF SPEECH). I DID NOT USE ABUSIVE LANGUAGE AT ALL, HE YELLED AT ME AND I HAD YELLED BACK! PREVIOUSLY, I IGNORED HIS SMART ATTITUDE & COMMENTS BUT
THIS TIME I HAD TO SAY "WHAT I HAD TO SAY". I WAS FAUSTRATED HEARING HIS VERBAL STATEMENTS AND/OR WORDS OF BEING "STUPID" BUT MOST OF ALL, THE CONSTANT DOWN GRADING & REMARKS SAID @ MY MNGMNT ABILITIES. GENERALLY, THERE'S MY STORY.. "I'D REALLY APPRECIATE" ANY SOLUTIONS. WRONGFUL TERMINATION? RETALIATION? DISCRIMINATING? EXEMPT/NON-EXEMPT STATUS? (SALARY MGR).
AT-WILL OR JUST CAUSE EMPLOYEE.......................... :(

Comments

• 1 Comment sorted by Votes Date Added
  • I am also in California. Unless you can tie the behavior of the manager or the Company into some sort of legally protected activity (discrimination based upon race, sex, religion, national origin etc. etc ) what you describe is a situation where you worked for a jerk and there is no legal protection from the actions of a jerk unless you can tie it into something such as legal discrimination or some other protected activity. If you were fired because of legal discrimination, because you complained about the company violating some sort of regulation, because you filed a workers comp case, then you might have a wrongful termination allegation. You haven't described anything like this so I think that you are the victim of a jerk and there isn't much you can do about that. The only thing that maybe gets close is your comment about manager/salary. There have been a number of cases in retail where managers who have really worked the same as an hourly employee have been ruled to be hourly employees and entitled to overtime. If you think that you have something in this area you should contact the State of California Department of Labor Standards Enforcement or an attorney.