OFCCP VISIT

We're waiting for a scheduling letter after a phone call from the OFCCP - any advice will be appreciated from those of you who've visits recently or not so recently.

Comments

• 2 Comments sorted by Votes Date Added
  • Be businesslike and professional. Clue your managers in that this person will probably want to talk to some of them and they should be businesslike and professional as well. If this person notices things that can be quickly fixed, fix them while they are there. My last interaction was about five years ago with a former client. The first thing that the person said was "I notice two things wrong already". One was the absence of handicapped parking in front of the building and the other was the absense of the EEO/AA statement in the lobby. I made sure that a maintenance worker was painting a handicapped spot just at the moment that the OFCCP person left and when she came in the next morning the statement was hanging in the lobby. I think that she was impressed and appreciative.
  • Be careful. Don't accept their line, "I'm from the government and I'm here to help you." Seriously, the OFCCP has been sending out letters lately asking for all sorts of information, including I9's, to employers that are not really covered by 11246 and are not engaged in government contracts. Check that out carefully.
    David C. Hagaman
    Editor
    Georgia Employment Law Letter
    [email]dchagaman@fordharrison.com[/email]
    404/888-3838