Regulations

I am suddenly having trouble finding a list on the internet. I know I've seen it a thousand times.

Anyone know where I can find a list of how many employees it takes to trigger each federal regulation?

50 is FMLA
20 is ADA
etc.?

Comments

• 5 Comments sorted by Votes Date Added
  • FMLA = 50; Title VII of Civil Rights Act (1964) and the Civil Rights Act of 1991 = 15; Age Discrimination in Employment Act = 20; Equal Pay Act = 2+; ADA = 15; Executive Order 11246 = 50 (+ government contracts); National Rehab Act (1973) = 50 (+ government contracts); Vietnam Vets Readjustment & Assistance Act = 0 (I think); Uniformed Services Employment and Reemployment Rights Act (USERRA)= 0. The Pregnancy Discrimination Act is amended to title VII (15 employees).

Hope this helps.

• Thanks Gar, it does help.
    I was specifically trying to recall the ones that trigger at 100. The only one I can remember that triggers at 100 is the WARN act. Are there any others?

As long as I am asking, what is the accepted method for determining if you are under a federal regulation or not?

If I have 90 employees Jan-Jul and 110 employees Aug-Dec, do I have 100 for the year? Or do I have 90 for the first 6 mo and 110 for the second 6 mo?
    And what if I have 48 for a month and then 53 for a month, and then 46 for a month, and then 60 for a month-- you get the picture?

Are there any guidelines when you hover on the edge of being a regulated employer to determine when and when not to follow the guidelines.

I know it would be better to be safe than sorry...but I am specifically looking for information on if I had 103 for the longest time and now I have 90. But I might have 100 again in 6 months. Am I safe from the WARN act the moment I hit 99 or do I have to wait until the end of a calendar year and average my numbers? Do I requalify the instant I hit 100, or do I wait until the end of the year?

Hope the question makes sense...
  • js:
    If you belong to SHRM, you can go to homepage [url]www.shrm.org[/url] and type in "co-pilot" and scroll down to the section where you download info to your PDA. This download has all the major HR laws with min # of ee's and asst'd useful information. I like it.
  • Thanks Down-the-Middle, I'll do that today.
  • The 100 employee threshold also triggars the EEO -1 reporting requirements that you need to look into if you have hit 100 employees.