Full Time employee

OK I have a full time RN and the Doctor is going to change his case load and they want to change her to a Per Diem bases what do I need to do to make sure we don't violate any labor laws?

Comments

• 3 Comments sorted by Votes Date Added
  • I worked at a hospital many moons ago so pardon me if things have changed or if I misunderstood your question.  But aren't per diem nurses usually temporary assignments or used to fill in for other nurses who are on leave? In my experience per diems worked for an agency so they can get shifts at multiple locations. I would think this nurse would want to get additional shifts to make up for the time lost with this one doctor.
  • You are correct but im trying to take a full time RN and make her per diem. Just need to make sure im doing it the correct way.
  • [quote user="hbarnes"]You are correct but im trying to take a full time RN and make her per diem. Just need to make sure im doing it the correct way.[/quote]

There are tax and record keeping ramifications of per diem pay also, both for the company and the contractor/employee.