Researching a possible ADA issue

Hello all,

This is my first time posting and I am hoping I can find some concrete and straight line directions to get a questioned answered for my organization. My office manager sent the following email:

"Last week there was a little person in the restroom that could not reach the handles for the faucets. I would like to get a step stool to leave in the bathroom, so this would not happen in the future. I don’t know if there might be an <?xml:namespace prefix = st1 ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:smarttags" />ADA regulation that states the faucets need to be accessible to all, but I think it may make the little person embarrassed, etc, if they need to ask for assistance. <?xml:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:office" />

Can you find out what the regulations are for this? If I do order a stepping stool for the restroom and someone is injured falling off of it, I would think we would be liable.

Can you please check with your connections and see what they think?"

I am hoping to get information about the agency - if there is any - that would deal with this kind of compliance/liability issue. Any leads would be great.

Thank you

Comments