HR Hero Chatroom

Just wondering if/when the HR Hero website will add a live chat room in addition to its bulletin board forum.

I can't imagine it would be that difficult. Has it ever been discussed?

Comments

• 11 Comments sorted by Votes Date Added
  • Paul, can you imagine the conversations? Poor James will need to keep watch 24/7. I guess that's a good thing. x}>
  • Actually Ritaanz, if we kept you and Don under control, it wouldn't be all that bad.
  • We are always searching for ways to improve our website, adn the Forum. I'll make sure that your suggestion is added to the mix. Thanks!

Anne Williams
    Attorney Editor
    M. Lee Smith Publishers, LLC
  • Anne, I'd be careful if I were you. Don, Ritaanz and Ray could wreak havoc with a live chat room. Some of we more subdued, professional HR types would never take advantage of such a privilege, but... x;-)
  • Ray, my sexy sax squaller, you couldn't have put me in better company. I can promise to be good, but one never knows what Don will come up with. You know how his mind works. One day its sex and religion; next day it's sex and politics; another day it's sex and thongs. Beats me where he comes up with these ideas.

• [font size="1" color="#FF0000"]LAST EDITED ON 06-17-04 AT 12:56PM (CST)[/font][br][br]I can promise you one thing. If this idea is adopted, I will never enter it. This would be an excellent hangout for Paul and Beagle and Scott Orr and a few others who shall remain unnamed. For those of you who long for a board without Don D. this is an excellent idea. James will seize on this opportunity right away. x:-)

(This post is intended to offend those mentioned)
  • Paul, I'm not very familiar with chat rooms, but aren't they basically like the Forum but faster? You post a message where others can see it, and they reply. Couldn't we do the same thing on the Forum by just typing faster? x:D Seriously, though, we'll talk it over.

On the technical side, [font color=red]nothing[/font] is easy about the Forum. Heck, we have trouble getting it to send Daily Digests on a daily basis. xpray

James Sokolowski
    HRhero.com
  • James: In chatrooms, it is not required that you think or speak in complete sentences or have a common train of thought or discussion.

For example; you might see this in a chatroom: Boston has blue eyes. Huh? He's my terrier. That's what I thought about Hitler? Welcome Lucy. Yes, the planks were an odd yellow color. Where'd Harriet disappear to? Fancy that Arch! Who? Ask yo momma. If you go up under my house don't step on yo momma. Where did that happen? I don't do mountain climbing, I'm tooloose tatrek, the painter.

See? The Forum is a couple of notches above that in orderliness, if not in deportment. x:-)
  • A chat room would allow another facet of community within the website.

I haven't thought through the pros and cons entirely but I was just wondering if it had ever come up in discussion.

You could name it the "watercooler" or something like that.

If Don is promising he won't go in it, that can only be considered another plus I guess.
  • Another? What was the other?
  • I am kidding. I really don't know if a chat is a needed feature for the website. Just a thought.