Icons

Several weeks we downplayed the fact that what I call the 'blue briefcases' to the left have all turned blue. Now they are permanently blue. It used to be that when one entered the Forum, he/she could check out which ones were blue and know that they were the ones that had new posts. Now that benefit has gone away. Is there a method to your madness?

Comments

• 4 Comments sorted by Votes Date Added
  • Mine are still clear when I have clicked the "MarK All" button and only show the blue color when there are new unread messages. Beyond relaying that it is not happening on my desktop, I cannot be of more help - not an area of great personal expertise.

Hope others can do more. x:-/
  • [font size="1" color="#FF0000"]LAST EDITED ON 06-14-04 AT 07:14AM (CST)[/font][br][br]>Now they are permanently blue.

To my knowledge we've not changed anything that would cause this to happen.

>It used to be that when one entered the Forum,
    >he/she could check out which ones were blue and
    >know that they were the ones that had new posts.

It remains that users can mark individual forums with the Mark button, or the entire set of forums with the Mark All button.

Brian Holaway
    Electronic Publishing Assistant
    M. Lee Smith Publishers LLC
  • Again I'll say it's something to do with your specific system, whether the cookies are tracking where you've been or whatnot.

My folders are blue when there are new messages in that area. If I mark them as read, the folder is white again until new messages arrive.

(If I clear all of my cookies, all folders will be blue again, as though I'm starting over in the forum).
  • I had the same problem today. All of my "briefcases" were blue dating back to 06/01/04. As Don said once I logged off and returned they have always been clear.