Quiche Request

[font size="1" color="#FF0000"]LAST EDITED ON 07-03-05 AT 02:30AM (CST)[/font][br][br]I think men aren't supposed to eat quiche. I'm not sure I'm even spelling it right. I won't admit to anyone that I'm making it, but can you post a quick, easy recipe that will lite up a Sunday morning, something that doesn't require much shopping or much prep time?

Comments

• 2 Comments sorted by Votes Date Added
  • This came from Whirlwind

Still can't post on the Forum from home ever since my hard drive died and had to be replaced awhile back. So here's a great, easy quiche recipe, straight from my ancient, crumbling Betty Crocker cookbook. I've made it countless times with many variations:

9 inch unbaked pie crust
    1 cup grated good Swiss cheese
    4 eggs
    2 cups whipping cream
    1/4 tsp salt
    1/4 tsp sugar
    1/8 tsp cayenne pepper
    your choice of fillings

Heat oven to 425.

Fit the pie crust into the pie pan and sprinkle the cheese and the filling(s) of your choice on the bottom. I like a bunch of sliced fresh mushroom and some finely chopped onion. A classic Quiche Lorraine would be a whole bunch of crumbled crisp bacon with chopped onion. You can put in most anything -- seafood, spinach, red peppers, whatever.

Beat eggs slightly, then beat in cream and seasonings and pour this mixture into pie pan.

Bake 15 minutes, then reduce oven temp. to 300 and bake another 30 minutes or until you stick a knife in about an inch from the edge and it comes out clean.

Let this baby stand at least 10 minutes before cutting.

I think you'll really like it. The cream, though more caloric than milk, makes it SO silky and wonderful. Dairy products nirvana.

Enjoy!

• Do a Google search for "Bisquick Quiche" and you'll find many quick and easy recipes for quiche. Using Bisquick for the crust is super easy. All you do is mix all the ingredients together and bake. The Bisquick forms it own crust during the baking process. Nothing is easier than that. I've made a lot of quiche using these recipes and you can add whatever ingredients you like to the basic recipe.