Spice Cake

I've been trying to take off a few pounds before the summer kicks in and I tried this recipe for a quick treat. It's really yummy!

1 box of ready made Spice cake mix
add
1 can of pumpkin (12 oz. size)

Empty the pumpkin into the mixing bowl FIRST, then add small amounts of cake mix until absorbed. The batter will be thicker and more lumpy than a regular cake batter.

Bake in a 350 degree oven for 25 minutes or until done. This same recipe makes appx. 21 smallish cupcakes that can be frozen for a quick treat when needed. Cupcakes take only 20 minutes in the oven. For a change, you can also use Devil's Food cake mix. Enjoy!

Comments

• 5 Comments sorted by Votes Date Added
  • This sounds great, I'll have to try it. Thanks.
  • How does eating cake help take off a few pounds? I want to try that diet.
  • [font size="1" color="#FF0000"]LAST EDITED ON 05-20-05 AT 02:38PM (CST)[/font][br][br]It's all about moderation!!

"There is always one person at the table who holds up her hand when I serve the cake. No, really, I couldn't, she says, and then gives her stomach a conspiratorial little pat. Everyone who is pressing a fork into that first tender layer looks at the person who declined the plate, and they all think, That person is better than I am. That person has discipline. But that isn't a person with discipline, that is a person who has completely lost touch with joy. A slice of cake never made anybody fat. You don't eat the whole cake. You don't eat a cake every day of your life. You take the cake when it is offered because the cake is delicious. You have a slice of cake and what it reminds you of is someplace that's safe, uncomplicated, without stress. A cake is a party, a birthday, a wedding. A cake is what's served on the happiest days of your life."

from [link:www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/ASIN/060961004X/qid=1116617747/sr=2-1/ref=pd_bbs_b_2_1/104-7268442-4499164|Eat Cake], By Jeanne Ray
  • I made this recipe over the weekend and it was fantastic! I used the mini muffin pans (the recipe makes a lot of mini muffins). Highly recommend this for a quick dessert--and it's so easy. This weekend I'm going to make it in a cake pan and use cream cheese icing. Yummy!
  • Glad you enjoyed it! Now try the Chocolate version....