Cooking?

Ok, we all posted these great recipes and a few people have responded saying what they have tried, but where are the rest of the critiques? I will start. I tried the meatloaf and the ex-husband chicken casserole. I subsituted turkey for the meatloaf, but everything was great. I think this weekend I will work on some of those drink recipes. x:9

Comments

• 8 Comments sorted by Votes Date Added
  • Unfortunately, in the summer time I don't cook anything that can't be done on a grill and requires little or no prep! I can say that I have more drink recipes, the summer time we spend lots of time outside (watching the grill) with a blender whirling, so I have perfected a few.
  • Well, don't keep us in suspense! Start sharing. I will make it my personal goal to try each and every drink posted on this thread this weekend. x:D
  • >Well, don't keep us in suspense! Start sharing. I will make it my
    >personal goal to try each and every drink posted on this thread this
    >weekend. x:D

Cold Icehouse tall neck beer!x:7
  • Ok, I might have been a bit hasty when I said I would try every drink posted. :~~ Who could know that HRGirl would post so many? Well, I do have a three day weekend to accomplish this feat, so tomorrow night, let the drinking begin.
  • >Ok, I might have been a bit hasty when I said I would try every drink
    >posted. :~~ Who could know that HRGirl would post so many? Well, I do
    >have a three day weekend to accomplish this feat, so tomorrow night,
    >let the drinking begin.

Sorry, you don't have to try all of them! I just mixed it up a bit. I've tried all but the Lava one (usually face down on the table by that round 8-}). Have a great weekend!

• I have tried the "can't cook soup" but nothing else. However, I am cooking this afternoon at our company barbecue -- funny, I don't know why they'd put a vegetarian in charge of grilling burgers...
  • I made the key-lime cheesecake for a last night of class (ever!) potluck. Due to time and transportation constraints, I didn't make the sauce. The cheesecake, however, was wonderful and I can't wait to make it again (with sauce this time).
  • I tried the Hamburger Casserole. JuilieP said cook for 1-1/2 hrs but that her oven ran a little cool. So I cooked mine for 1 hour. Potatoes were total mush and barely edible, but I could see that with a little effort the recipe might turn out. I think I will try it with tomato paste instead of soup next time though. I just have to get up my nerve. My experience tells me it was probably me and not the recipe that was the problem (note I post the "Cant Cook" series of recipies). x:-)