Survivor China and Kid Nation

Comments

• My other complaint is that basically the entire camp is wearing their underwear. I dont really feel I can let my kids watch the show because of that.

Can we get them some togas at least?

• Amen to that! They used to at least wear their bathing suits. Now they just wear their bras and underwear. Gross and dirty. At least the bathing suits colors hid some of the dirt.

Hey did anyone watch Kid Nation last night? Did Taylor get voted off of the council? I agree with Paul, she is an Executive in the making!
  • For the past how many seasons have they been dropping people off with nothing but the clothes on their backs?! If you applied for the show, you'd have to be an idiot to do so without seeing it first. Wear a swim suit under your clothes...and make sure those clothes are appropriate for where you will be for the next month.
  • Catbert46, welcome to the group..Yes Taylor lost last night but it was a close vote. She stepped down in a very professional way and congratulated her new successor.

Blue and Green stayed the same on Town Council and the Yellow and Red had new members. It will still be two guys and two girls on the council.
    Taylor was only 10 yrs old. Would love to see her at age 30.
  • Thanks! Yeah, she will make a fine employee/boss someday. I hope she has a great HR Team where ever she lands. "Beauty Queens don't do dishes!"

SC - can't wait to see how the tribes get mixed up tonight. Ought to be a good show.
  • KidNation was pretty good last night. Its been a fun show to watch with my kids. Having the kids re-elect their council was interesting.

You can watch the full episode online at [url]www.cbs.com[/url]

In many ways, KidNation has been much better than Survivor. It feels a bit contrived at times but I am enjoying the show more than the Underwear-rama on Survivor.
  • Paul, you lost the dune buggies last night, I could hear you screaming with Taylor for the Council members to pick them over the fruit and veggies.

I also was proud of our new council gal who talked our gold star winner into staying instead of going home. Another fine example of a womans persuasion.

Did you catch where DZ got his experience from. There wasn't a dry eye in the town when he said he wanted to go home and why.

And Taylor! Wow!
  • Can you tell me what the end result for Taylor was? She pretty much wasn't doing anything they asked of her and then I had to leave about 15 or 20 minutes before it ended. I came back in when the gold star winner called his Mom. I didn't see Taylor in the previews for next week so I wondered if she went home or what? I appreciate teh update!

Can't wait to see what happens tonight on Survivor. I felt sorry for gravedigger last week. He was put in a terrible spot.
  • Taylor didn't leave, everyone was really upset with her at the council meeting and started yelling go home Taylor, Go Home! One of the team members said she hadn't done her work, the council asked if she did and she really didn't get much of a chance to answer everyone else was doing it for her. DZ stood up and yell, Stop and everyone quieted down. He gave a very moving lecture on all of their behavior and said the way they acted made him sick. Then when asked if anyone wanted to go home he raised his hand again and when asked why he said for reasons like what just happened. He wanted to be with his family where there was love and none of the screaming and yelling at each other all the time and people not wanting to do what they were suppose to do. Taylor had tears rolling down her face. So she is still there and we'll see what happens next week but she and her lil' blondie were not in good standings with the towns people.

Adversity is now on the horizons..
  • Thank you very much for the update! Next week ought to be interesting.

Survivor was certainly interesting last night. Glad to see that girl leave, JR is probably next.
  • I might be naive, or sort of old fashioned- but I truly think this show should be moved to a later time slot because of this.

I've been busy- and not keeping a very close eye on the show. I like it better towards the end, when it's down to about 6 Survivors, or so.

Did I see someone getting to one of the immunity idols last night?
  • Todd and Amanda found the idol and like idiots were trying to get it down in front of the rest of the group. Frosti came over to help them with what he thought they were doing which was knocking off the roof tiles. He then saw the square and Amanda stood on it. Crazy!
  • Thanks! That's the part I didn't understand- did they know what it was and why was she standing on it?!
  • Yes, she and Todd knew what it was Frosti did not. She was standing on it so that he wouldn't see the writing on the back of it.
  • I haven't watched Survivor yet so I am trying not to look at the discussions. I did watch KidNation last night.

What a great episode! I think any HR pro could relate to what the council was going through while trying to deal with Taylor.

It was interesting to see Taylor's sidekick defect and go back to work when the idea of punishment was brought up.

I also thought Zach did an admirable job of standing up to Taylor's onslaught of criticism and outright meanness (saying he has a uni-brow).

I'd like to think Taylor's parents are watching this show in horror but I doubt it. They raised her to be this way. I doubt they are able to see what a nasty person she is going to be if she doesnt make serios changes in her attitude. You cant be a beauty queen forever.

Dune buggies or fruits and vegetables? Great choice! I think they made another smart decision. Somebody could have gotten hurt with those dune buggies.

When DK called his mom, that was really moving. I loved what she said to him "You didnt need that gold star, you are already a star!"

No wonder he is such a great kid. Aw, there is something in my eye again...
  • Sorry, I am in sunny California this week and the schedule is different so I missed it. I would have loved to have seen what happened when they mixed up the tribes though. I bet that was high drama!
  • Okay, before anyone shoots me.... I know it isnt tribes on kid nation it is districts. Just had Survivor on the brain I guess.
  • Did anyone watch Kid Nation last night. It was another great episode. Taylor was holding out once again but had a unique way of giving in and accomplished her goal of getting to have some fun in the arcade.

And then the chaos began. Was it a bad choice? Can they get it under control? I guess we will find out next week.
  • I think the council learned a valuable lesson about moderation. And Taylor washed dishes!!! Wow! I thought the young man who won the gold start was very deserving. Great episode.
  • Yeah, another great show. Zach, the young man who was able to get Taylor to work, has a promising future. I dont know alot of adults who can handle people as well as this young kid.

There are alot of really cool kids on the show. The challenge was pretty fun and I am glad they picked the arcade. It has turned the town upside down.

I hope you all saw the final scene with "DanceMan". That has to be one of the funniest things I have seen on TV in a LONG time. That kid needs his own show.
  • Did James get blind sided or what. I saw him lean over toward his pack and I hoped he had gotten the hint, but nope. Don't you know he felt completely stupid walking out of there. 2 immunity idols and he still got the boot. He took it pretty well. I thought he might be really ticked but he said "you can't get mad it is a game". Good sport, how often do you see that anymore. The jury was laughing hysterically, I'm sure blondie was happy to see him get the boot that way since she had mistakingly played what she thought was an immunity idol and gotten the boot instead.

Wonder what they would have done if he had played it??
  • I hated to see that, I was kinda pulling for him. He was so competitive. Blondie will miss his shoulder the next time they are holed up in the cave due to rain. If a good storm came up she would be blown away.....I looks like a walking skeleton. However, she did well in throwing the stars at the targets. She surprised me.

The reward was a neat opportunity and I really was glad Denise got picked for that. That will mean a lot to her and I really don't see her making it to the end, but she's in the final 6.

Do you have a favorite at this point? Who do you hope wins!
  • First it was Frosti but he got the boot. Then I picked James because he worked hard and seemed to be level headed. Now I just don't know. I think Todd might make it to the final 3 or 4 but he has blind sided so many he would be hard pressed to get enough votes from the jury to win in the final two. P-G may surprise us all and make it to the final 2 or 3 but she too has made a lot of enemies.
  • Paul & Catbert146 did you happen to catch the last show of Kid Nation! I thought it was a great show and I was impressed in the way the kids handled themselves in the end. My 11 year old asked if she could do Kid Nation and she is really serious about it. I don't know if I should turn her loose on them or not, but she could meet her match as well. I would be interesting.

The parents were really shocked when they got a tour of the city from the kids and you could see the surprise on their faces when their children made it 40 days.

It was a good show!

The 34 kids left did a great job and all should be proud of what the accomplished. Fifteen to twenty years from now may not be so bad if they are leading the business world.
  • Yeah, we watched the show. I thought it was pretty good as well. If you didnt choke up a bit when all the parents were running towards all the kids then you should check your pulse.

My 11 year old wants to go on the show too. It would be hard to let her go for so long I think.

Do you think they will do Kid Nation 2?
  • Yes, I believe it will be done similar to Survivor! Based on the fact they gave them the option to leave a stone marking their time there as one of the reward options the week the council left and ventured out and found the indians.
  • If they do Kid Nation 2, it probably won't be in New Mexico, where the first one was filmed, because new state child labor laws likely would block the way. New Mexico Employment Law Letter has written about the situation. Search the newsletter archives for "Kid Nation." The article is titled, "Take 2: New Mexico's child labor laws updated." Tony
  • Even though I have missed quite a few shows now, my fave is Denise. I feel, she made a smart move last night taking Todd with them- however; I would have liked Todd to have been voted off last night, with just the 4 women remaining.
  • It would be fun to see Denise win wouldn't it? I think she has made some mistakes though. She isnt part of the alliance of three but she hasn't made any moves to gain an advantage when she has had opportunities (voting off PG and Eric for example instead of Todd).

Listening to Courtney complain about their dinner they ate on the freakin' Great Wall of China was ridiculous. I hope she does not win.