Movies you won't regret

2»

Comments

• You guys are too funny. I seldom read this section but it's Friday and it's been another helluva week. I've been checking daily and that's an increase.
    Love the bathtub stories.
    I'm gonna have to make time to read these posts more often. Need the comic relief.
    These are disjointed random remarks, but want to say I appreciate the humor - it's my kind.
    Hope you have a great weekend.

• I needed to hear that this morning. Glad I could contribute to at least one person's better mood today. x:-)
  • I went to see "The Brave One" with Jodie Foster. I loved it...it's the ultimate revenge movie.
  • hmm.. Jodie Foster is usually good. I'll have to check that one out.

"Last King of Scotland" was pretty good but I didnt like that one of the main characters, the narrator, was essentially invented.

He plays such a pivotal, interesting role in the reign of Ida Amin it was very dissapointing to find out that he never existed.

Forrest Whittaker was great though.

Hey Q, have you ever seen "Searching For Bobby Fischer"? Its a great movie to watch with your kids ages 6 and up. Its about a young boy who is a chess prodigy. His parents wrestle with how much chess should rule his life.

Its really, really good. Its got Joe Montegna, Ben Kingsley, and a bunch of other great actors.
  • I thought about The Brave One, but I figured I've already seen it several times in the form of Charles Bronson's flicks.
  • Pursuit of Happyness has become one of my favorites. A really great story.

An easy chic flick that is great for a rainy afternoon or snuggle on the couch type weather is Chances Are. It stars Cybil Sheppard and Robert Downey Jr. Her husband is killed early on and then is "reincarnated" as someone her daughter's age (she's pregnant when he dies). Of course, the daughter and he meet, he comes home with her, and . . . well . . . the rest is pretty unimaginative but funny. A great romantic comedy.