Very Serious Question

OK, we are getting to the end of American Idol. At this stage of the game who do you think will be the winner?

I predict the two finalists will be Melinda and Jordin. Melinda will take the roses.

Comments

• 25 Comments sorted by Votes Date Added
  • I think Jordin. Her voice is much more versatile that Malinda's voice. Plus I think people are getting tired of Malinda's "Who me?" attitude. I know I am.
  • [font size="1" color="#FF0000"]LAST EDITED ON 05-09-07 AT 08:45AM (CST)[/font][br][br]I'm putting money on Jordin. It was this time last year when Chris Daughtry, aka Rocker Dude, got voted off. Melinda can sing, but she has no personality.
  • What was the very serious question?
  • There are millions, nay, billions of dollars at stake here. AI is the bellwether of American pop culture. This is bigger than the Stanley Cup, it is bigger than the World Series, it is bigger than the Superbowl. It is almost as important as reruns of M*A*S*H.
  • [font size="1" color="#FF0000"]LAST EDITED ON 05-09-07 AT 09:42AM (CST)[/font][br][br]It sure looks like BL-A-A-A-AKE will get to do his swan song tonight, although nobody really had a good night last night.

The judges were pretty critical, but what in the sam hell are you supposed to do with Barry Gibb songs? Just like last year when the contestants were getting ripped by the judges for not rockin' out. My God, it was Stevie Wonder night. Again, what are you supposed to do? Listening to either Barry or Stevie is like eating a marshmallow sundae.

Let's bring in some real rockers and cut the kids loose on some real jams. Maybe even Elvis.....no, strike that. We don't need any more Elvis impersonators. You know, if life were fair Elvis would still be alive and all the impersonators would be dead. Oh well. I also think the wrong two Beatles died first. OK how about some Clapton, Led Zep,The Boss, and some Ozzie. That'll cut down on the judges whining.
  • Thanks Ray for enlightening me on the megaimportance of AI's impact on the civilized world. But it's difficult to be too committed to it since I only switch over during NCIS commercials. Guess I may have to DVR it.
    From what I've seen though, only Melinda has a chance to really succeed long term. The others just don't seem to have strong enough voices to go beyond the one-hit-wonder level.

• Well, AI did have some competition on last night - the Hooter Girl competition.
  • Missed the Hooters competition. I actually wanted to see what it was about, and my HUSBAND didn't want to miss AI.

We watched AI, then Dancing with the Stars, and during commercials switched to the Suns/Spurs game. (In case anyone was wondering...)

AI
    I think Kisha will go home this week, Blake next week. Jordin will win, but I like Melinda better.

DWTS
    Laila is my favorite. She is beautiful, graceful, has a great personality, and could kick any man's butt if she ever had to. What a combination!

Apolo will win, though. He seems to be having a great time, and he's the best dancer.

• I am really suprised by how successful DWTS has been but then I was also suprised by how successful American Idol became.

What happened to the goofy guy that won last year?
  • I don't expect Apolo to win since a big part of the process is a fan base. He is a great skater, but is he more of a heart throb to all those teeny-boppers out there than the other two guys? I don't think the selection process relies that heavily on their dancing. After all, look how long Billy Ray lasted when he has done so poorly.

Laila is a great inspiration. She is beautiful, fit without being skinny, and has a great personality. All that confidence shines through into everything she does. I won't mind a bit if she wins. :)

At this point they are all working so hard it is hard to project who will do best, but I think in the end the fan base will decide and not the quality of the dancing (which can change from week to week and dance to dance.)

JMHO

Nae
  • I'm pulling for Jordin. She is young and will go FAr with or without taking it all! Melinda just doesn't strike me as "Idol" material. Blake can't hold a candle to the others.
  • >[font color="#339999"]The judges were pretty critical, but what in the sam hell are you supposed to do with Barry Gibb songs? [/font]

I said the same thing when I was watching the show. I was like, hm, maybe if everyone is sucking, it's actually the THEME that sucks, and not the performers.

Glad to see my boyfriend stayed on the show one more week, though.
  • Unfortunately I think Jordin will win. I don't care for her or Melinda really. I did like Jordin but then she did a few things that led me to believe that she isn't really very nice.

The night of Idol Gives Back when Ryan was awful, making her believe that she was going home, she was crying at the end and Lakesha went to dab her face with a Kleenex and she knocked Lakesha's hand away, pretty forcefully in my opinion, like a 2 year old would do when they throw a temper tantrum. But I figured, hey, it was a VERY emotional time, caught in the moment, whatever.

Then the next week when I think it was Phil that got voted off, when Phil was singing his final goodbye the camera hit on Jordin and she was all happy, then when she glanced and saw the camera she immediately started crying. I thought that was so fake on her part.

So that was it for Jordin in my eyes.

I agree, Melinda has a great voice but not a lot of range. Like Lakesha. Lakesha has an amazingly big voice but can't do the softer stuff.

I'm not a Blake fan, mainly because I just don't like beat box stuff, never in to that.

• So, does that mean no one should win?
  • So who is going to the final two? I SO hope one of them isn't BLake! I'm sorry folks but I don't think his voice can hold a candle to Melinda or Jordin.
  • Melinda and Jordin and Melinda will take it.
  • I believe Melinda will win however I feel Jordin is more "Idol" material overall. Both will get recording contracts for certain.
  • Jordin may just have competed a couple years early. But, if she had waited until she was more mature and with better skills, the show could have been off the air.
  • WOW! What a shocker! I really thought Melinda would be the winner this year. And poor Simon will be stuck signing a contract with a lesser talent.
  • I was definitely surprised! I sure thought she would win (even tho I wanted Jordin to win). I guess all the teeny boppers voted for Blake. Hopefully enough of us will vote for Jordin next week!
  • I am not a teeny bopper!
  • Bopping teens is illegal in this state. At least, it is when you're my age.
  • It's illegal to do anything but breathe at your age.

Oops! Who said that?
  • Maybe not illegal, but dang near impossible....
  • Nae, you're on a roll today. What did you have for lunch?