Help Needed for H'ween!

Besides the baby showers, our workplace is TOTALLY into a departmental competition for Halloween. The past 2 years I've been the only HR person, and skated by as Martha Stewart. Year 1 - blonde wig and prison stripes, Year 2 blonde wig and business suit plus large ankle bracelet. Now I have an assistant that is seriously into this as well. LOL, HR would and should never win, but we do need to show our team spirit!

I'd like to be a sort of Batman & Robin team, caped crusaders (er, sans the tights). Or maybe belly dancers (never taking off our ample veils). The LaVerne & Shirley idea blurted out from a new hire in Orientation totally turned me off - bimbos working in a beer factory...please. [OMG, is that how we came across??? EEEK!]

It might help to know that at 5PM the night before, volunteer employees cover cubicle walls from floor to ceiling with "wallpaper" representing dungeons, castles, survivor scenarios (a vendor supplied freshly cut palms), pumpkin farm patches with wheat stalks, etc. They even make labels for binder covers, e.g., "Brain Surgery for Dummies", wear costume tights and other just barely appropriate garments. And no, we don't go into that much detail in Orientation! It's almost a cult thing within the departments.

So please share your ideas for HR. THANKS!

Comments