April Fools

Did anyone get a joke played on them today? Or did you play one on someone else? Com'on now, let's hear about it!

Comments

• 11 Comments sorted by Votes Date Added
  • I came in this morning to some pretty sophomoric pranks.

My phone had been disconnected, a three-hole punch had been emptied in my chair, the settings on my chair all changed, the wheels removed, my desk screwed shut and my coffee cup glued to my desk. When I tried to wrench it free, leftover coffee from yesterday splashed all over my computer keyboard.

• My boss got me good. When I came in this morning I received a message from the receptionist that we got a call from Dept. of Labor re an employee filing a discrimination claim. This is a fairly new employee who missed 2 days her first week due to a W/C injury at her previous employer, 3 more days during her first month due to illness, and now is off for 3 weeks + for sugery on that W/C injury. She asked for, and received, many concessions at time of hire. This employee is well versed in legal matters, has taken pre-law courses, and even offered me her employment law books to help me out. If any of our employees have the wherewithall or contacts to file a claim it would be her.

As I was talking to my boss about the possible ramifications of this and where she could possibly be getting some idea she'd been discrimiated against, by boss slowly started writing on a piece of paper and had to tell me to stop talking and read the paper. It said "Happy April Fools Day!"

But I got her back. I gave her a phone message from the insurance company of a MAJOR client of ours saying that all authorizations were cancelled effective 4 months ago and that we had to pay back all claims paid since that date. She was stunned. As she was preparing to jump out the window, I quickly ran upstairs to her office and pointed out the phone number: 1-800-277-4536 x65 (1-800-APRILFOOL).
  • I had my one month post-surgery followup appointment this morning. I emailed my wife and told her that the doctor said the X-Rays indicate significant remaining medial miniscus tears (knee) and he recommends and tentatively scheduled surgery again for next Thursday. Knowing how much mothering I required for the first week, I could see her shock. She wrote back to say if this is an April Fools joke I have had it. And if it is not a joke, I have had it. I guess I have had it.

I also played this joke on my girlfriend, but she caught me. x:-)
  • You will also have had it if your wife finds out about this girlfriend, or was that some time ago? You don't have to answer me; that's your business. Been there, done that, ended up with a very expensive "have had it".
  • I thought CNN was playing an April Fool's joke on it's website this morning. There were the following 3 headlines, and they were all true, and not necessarily funny, but the headlines cracked me UP!

"Pat Buchanan Doused With Salad Dressing"

"Ms Wheelchair Stripped of Title for Standing Up"

"Tender Chicken Man Dies"

The last one actually had quotes around 'tender chicken' but I laughed all the way home at lunch thinking about that one in my head.

• Judy, I've been seeing those same headlines today, bu the humor escaped me until I read your post. I shared it with the rest of the office here and now WE all can't stop laughing. Ms. Wheelchair has me in tears! And pity the poor mortician who has to deal with a body that's as tender as a chicken. Christ, I gotta go! Have a good weekend, all.
  • The cleaning people were here this morning vaccuuming Town Hall. I stopped one of the ladies and asked if they had cleaned 'lock-up' yet. She said they couldn't because we had a prisoner. I said 'They need you back over there in an hour. The prisoner got violently ill and hurled. Not only that, but he - well, you know - and that's all over too. We have gloves and spray disinfectant.'

I couldn't go on. The look on her face was priceless and I felt so guilty for making her think that. I appologized three times.
  • Give me her name and phone number. She'll be filing a comp claim Monday morning.
  • This goes back a few years. I was in a car full of managers from a company that I worked for and we were driving from somewhere in Minnesota to Madison, Wisconsin. The driver, from Madison, mentioned that he had driven to South Dakota, received a speeding ticket, never paid it and was probably an undesirable person in South Dakota. I went back home to Denver, waited until April 1 and called Pete. I told him I was calling from the South Dakota Attorney Generals office and that his name was on a list of scofflaws that we were working on. I wondered whether he would like to pay his ticket or would he like us to send a notice to Wisconsin to have him extradited. He said he would pay it. I told him to look at his calendar and asked him if April 1 had any significance to him. At about that point, he recognized my voice.
  • I hate to admit it but I was in on a prank for our benefit assistant who is leaving for vacation in the morning. I sent an e-mail to her boss, the benefit administrator telling her I was sorry for the late notice but that I had a meeting next week with our broker and I needed to send him all the open enrollment forms (we just finished OE) electronically by Monday morning so please have the asst scan in all the forms, OT was approved for the weekend. She in turn forwarded to the benefit assistant telling her to read my e-mail, how important it was, that she'd make sure the a/c was turned on in the building for the weekend, etc. And thanks for all her help, what a gem, yadda, yadda, yadda. When the bene asst read it I understand she actually said the F word. :) Earlier that morning she had told our HRIS admin that she was very behind and still had to go home to do laundry and pack. I think we scared the bejesus out of her.

Good thing she's a good sport.
  • My son's secretary got him last year with a phone message. "Call April at (phone number) When he called the number, a lady told him April was with a customer. He identified himself and asked if the person on the phone new what April wanted. The lady laughed and said she did not know, but imagined it would be fun. My son, being confused, asked what kind of business this was and found out it was one of Nevada's legal brothels. His secretary was listening the whole time and could hardly contain her laughter.