Comments

• >How about some of our other members?
    >
    >Jmpmo (Cookbook wizard)?
    >Scott Orr?
    >Trinity?
    >Gillian 1 or 2 (You choose)?
    >James Sokolowski?
    >Brad Forrister (The M. Lee Smith Clever Guy)?
    >Anne Williams (The M. Lee Smith Attorney Gal)?
    >
    >Margaret Morford
    >theHRedge
    >615-371-8200
    >mmorford@mleesmith.com
    >[url]http://www.thehredge.net[/url]

I'll give it a shot: Jmpmo is demure, 32, short dark hair, smiles when she meets you but sorta shy otherwise, loves books and has 2 pets. Scott Orr is probably about 32, wears the same Dockers twice in a week, constantly ducking into the restroom to comb his hair, wears contacts and won't keep his shirt-tail tucked in. Trinity is about 5'4", weighs 13 pounds more than she admits but blames it on the pregnancy, always frets over what shoes to wear, looks best in dark blue or an occasional burgundy, must always have her hair in order and tells people all day long, "My door's always open!". Gillian is 5'10" and he's struggling to stay at his fightin' weight of 234. He struggles with the part in his hair but accepts his fate. He's also trying to grow a beard and wears a large flashy watch. Both Forrister and Sokoloski look alike since they have these litmus tests at M.Lee Smith. Both want to look thin but eat cheeseburgers with regularity. James wears the dark rimmed glasses and tries to impress the staff with an assortment of rings and a bracelet. He dresses in pastels usually but does have a striking red shirt for special use. Brad drives a blue vehicle, wears rubber soled shoes on alternate days and loves to change the pen he clips into his pocket, just to keep you guessing. He generally is flitting up and down with a cup of coffee assigning work to others and planning to leave the building early. He has a fake alligator belt.

• >I'll give it a shot: Jmpmo is demure, 32, short dark hair, smiles when
    >she meets you but sorta shy otherwise, loves books and has 2 pets.

What has ever given you the impression in my postings that I am shy? I guess I will have to start speaking up more. My coworkers got a good laugh from that one. I have medium dark hair, so you were close on that one. I am always smiling, I do love books and we have one dog, correction, my husband has one dog. I am not a pet person. I like those fake floating fish. :)Did the cookbook organization give the book thing away?
  • I'll go out on another limb or two:
    Parabeagle I picture as about 37, 5'9" tall weighing in at 188. Often does not shave and wears lots of logo shirts, getting off on people looking at the variety of logos and golf courses he's bought them at. Sort of expert at getting people to pay for his lunch. Has things in his office that force people to ask if he were in the military. Secretly keeps a photo of his x-wife in his second left drawer. Wears glasses to read but denies it.

Pork: Dare I go here? 63 years old, maybe 5'11", wears only open collared white shirts. Has a scratched up gold banded watch. Always has at least two pens in his pocket. His glasses have brown frames. He sometimes wears a lapel pin announcing the company he works for. In the winter, he rarely wears a jacket and rolls his sleeves up. Keeps his head down when he walks and busy generally. Has three military certificates on his wall.

Ann Williams: Always the polished professional. Keeps her dark brown hair medium and occasionally pins it back in a sorta french-braid. Hates them but often wears medium heels. Likes to dress in colorful outfits and wears a gold watch band. Incessantly clicks a ball-point pen, indicating she's itching to write something new. Has a big smile but is afraid to wear a pale lipstick. She's 5'8" and has a small scar on her left knee-cap. Her favorite day is Thursday because she uses it to countdown to the things she is looking to do on the weekend. Dreams of singing the Johnny Paycheck song someday outloud in the building.
  • [font size="1" color="#FF0000"]LAST EDITED ON 07-02-03 AT 08:38AM (CST)[/font][p]Don, you're doing such a great job. Keep going.
  • Don,

I love your imagination - great descriptions!
  • You know there's one group that we haven't even asked what they look like - the Attorney Editors! What do you think the following look like:

Mike Maslanka (No punctuation, just the facts, ma'am from Texas)

Theresa Gegen (Who has answered more questions for us than any other Attorney Editor. Also from Texas)

Susan Fentin (Who has patiently explained Massachusetts law in a way we could understand it when we were having trouble just spelling the state name!)

Peyton Irby (Who has the most difficult task of being the lawyer from the same state as Don D and Pork!)

Vering and Miller (The Missouri tag team that is able to give advice and make us laugh at the same time)

Joe Beachboard (With a name like Beachboard, you know he's the California Attorney Editor!)

Scott ? (The lawyer from Tennessee who manages to make ERISA understandable!)

The fin on the back is a given, but what do you think the rest of them looks like?

Margaret Morford
    theHRedge
    615-371-8200
    [email]mmorford@mleesmith.com[/email]
    [url]http://www.thehredge.net[/url]
  • >Joe Beachboard (With a name like Beachboard, you know he's the
    >California Attorney Editor!)

I actually had the opportunity to meet Joe Beachboard a couple of times during our local employment law conferences. He is, indeed, a poster boy for California -- blonde, tanned, radio announcer voice, sharp wit... in other words, kinda like me. x;-)

• I also have met Joe Beachboard. Some of you may have heard him speak at the SHRM National Conference in Orlando. He was one of the few lawyers asked to speak there.

ParaBeagle is right. He could be the poster child for California and is smart, funny and nice. (Sort of an oxymoron for an attorney.) As a matter of fact, he looks as though he is Ozzie and Harriet's long lost son!

Margaret Morford
    theHRedge
    615-371-8200
    [email]mmorford@mleesmith.com[/email]
    [url]http://www.thehredge.net[/url]
  • >>Joe Beachboard (With a name like Beachboard, you know he's the
    >>California Attorney Editor!)
    >
    >I actually had the opportunity to meet Joe Beachboard a couple of
    >times during our local employment law conferences. He is, indeed, a
    >poster boy for California -- blonde, tanned, radio announcer voice,
    >sharp wit... in other words, kinda like me. x;-)

PULLLEEEZE!!!

• Actually, one cannot discribe an attorney in visual terms since they are only caricatures of what they think themselves to be and each has chameleon capabilities as learned in law school, so they are non-constant in appearance anyway. Peyton is dapper, stylish, even has a pair of black and white wingtips, towers over his coworkers and puts up with no nonsense in the breakroom. He has the quality my dad had to arch his left eyebrow and twist it downward when the younger people in the building get rowdy.

Ray has dirt under his left index fingernail because he digs in the garden each afternoon and can't remove it. He is a bit thin when he sucks his gut in just right and is trying to grow his sideburns again in 70s fashion since his forehead is increasing. He smiles a bit crooked because he was always a devilish kid. Most of the time he looks exactly like a guy who was caught with his hand in a cookie jar. He rests his elbows on his desk which he always stays behind while talking to employees.

Ruskanen wears basically green and sometimes orange or red. She changes her hair style about quarterly and is 5'7". She wears her watch on the wrong arm and taps her left ring finger when talking at her desk. She smiles widely and has fantasies regularly about PBJ sandwiches and Reeses. She gets to work early and talks to her significant other on the phone much too much. They have a double wide sleeping bag for fun times.
  • [font size="1" color="#FF0000"]LAST EDITED ON 07-02-03 AT 10:40AM (CST)[/font][p]I would like to see some responses from the people Don D. speculated on and see how accurate or inaccurate, as the case may be, that he was.
  • "Parabeagle I picture as about 37, 5'9" tall weighing in at 188. Often does not shave and wears lots of logo shirts, getting off on people looking at the variety of logos and golf courses he's bought them at. Sort of expert at getting people to pay for his lunch. Has things in his office that force people to ask if he were in the military. Secretly keeps a photo of his x-wife in his second left drawer. Wears glasses to read but denies it."

Let's see.... nine years too young, three inches too short, eight pounds too heavy. Usually do not shave on weekends, but always during the week, don't own any logo shirts unless you count t-shirts, have set foot on a golf course only twice in my life and forget which end of the club is supposed to hit the ball. Am quite adept at getting others to pay for my lunch. No memorabilia (or anything personal, for that matter) in my office. Don't own a photograph of my ex wife or have a second drawer on my left. Wear glasses only if I need to see. Other than that, pretty darn close x:-)
  • Well Don, you're half right! ;;) I do like to have my hair look nice and I will NEVER admit my true weight on pain of death! (Although I will say due to morning sickness I actually have lost 20 pounds).
    However, way wrong on the height..I am 5"9 with long brown hair (curly or straight depending on my mood) and green eyes.

• Don, not too bad. Yes my left index fingernail has a little residual dirt from gardening. We have had several days with no rain, so I'm taking advantage of the nice weather. No matter how much I suck in my gut I'm not thin at 6'0" and 220lbs. My forehead is increasing very slightly, but I did try longer sideburns recently, but trimmed them back. A devilish grin? Maybe, I was an angel as a kid, I'm devilish as an adult. Hand caught in cookie jar? Probably. Elbows on desk? Sometimes - but sometimes I get out from behind my desk and sit on my couch. Don, do you have a couch in your office like I do?

So to sum up... Don got 5 out of 6 correct grading on a curve. Congratulations.
  • Good grief, again I was gone one day and look what I missed out on! You folks definitely get little spurts of energy and then Wham!

I feel like such an outsider. I was just getting your "names" down and parts of your personalities, now I have mental pictures I'm trying to log. When I click on a person's profile, I want to see their picture from now on. Wouldn't that be handy? :-)
  • I am with mjindra. This is turning into online p/up chat. We need pictures with our profiles. Of course, how would you know for sure they posted their own pics?
  • Margaret: Yes, I'm a dog for posting your picture, but I couldn't resist since you dragged me into this without posting your own.

Don: For me, you were right on target about the cheeseburgers but waaaaaaaayyyy off base about me wearing jewelry. Yes, I have a lot of pastel shirts but also a lot of bright and dark colors -- always with jeans at work, shorts at home.

In case anyone wants to actually post a photo instead of talking about it, it's fairly easy IF the photo is already be on a web page somewhere. Here are step-by-step instructions:

Step 3: Start writing a message the same as usual. Within the body of the message, type in the photo's URL. Click the "Preview" button to make sure it looks OK. Then post the message.

Step 2: If the photo is already on a web page somewhere, find out the photo's URL, like htttp://wvvw.dcscripts.com/image.gif. (Go to the web page where the photo is posted, right-click on the photo and click on Properties. You'll see the URL, which probably will end in .jpg or .gif)

Step 1: Before you can post a photo on Employers Forum, the photo needs to exist somewhere else on the Internet. If it isn't, your company's web people could easily put it on a hidden page somewhere. Or you could post it on your own website (e-mail providers like Yahoo! and Earthlink let you do this for free and they claim it's easy, but I've never done it).

Normally, I can put it on the Internet for you if you e-mail the photo to me at [email]WebEditor@HRhero.com[/email]. But I'll be taking a long weekend :DD so it probably won't be until next week.

James Sokolowski
    HRhero.com
  • OK Margaret I'll play............

Chick-a-boom, Chick-a-boom
    Chick-a-boom-boom-boom
    Hot Lips just entered the Forum Room
    Beaglepuss thinks he’s quite the man
    Comin up with the name of Houlihan
    Ritaanz has the cunning of a witch
    Warning The Beag that payback is a b---h.

Acutally, HotLips is not that bad. Pucker up Beaglepuss.

• >I'm speechless!

Wise decision, my man!!

• Thanks. I may be crazy, but I'm not stupid! x;-)
  • So much talk about Paul's picture - but I've never found it. Can anyone point me in the right direction??
  • Trust me Sandra....you don't want to go there!
  • I'm with sandra. I can't get the full effect if I don't see the picture. Clue us in!
  • Sorry, folks, I can't find it. Apparently it was so long ago that it has been deleted? Perhaps, Brad or someone can resurect (sp) it. I still think Cole is the cutest!
  • Greetings,
    To see Paul's photo, go to the search screen, below left, and type in "haiku." When the search is complete, click on "haiku winner" (it should be the second item in the list). Paul's photo can be found in reply no. 8. tk

Tony Kessler, director of editorial
    M. Lee Smith Publishers LLC
    (615) 661-0249 ext. 8068
  • Thanks for your assistance Tony! I tracked down the picture and now my day is complete. After all of that talk, I wouldn't have been able to sleep without setting my eyes on Paul's picture! Whew!

sandra, hurry on over and check it out. Paul's showing some skin!
  • [font size="1" color="#FF0000"]LAST EDITED ON 07-02-03 AT 02:23PM (CST)[/font][p]Great pic Paul. Not at all what I was thinking. I do that with potential candidates on the phone too. Just kind of get an idea of what they look like when I am talking to them. It is funny to see the differences when I bring them in for interviews. xclap
  • >[font size="1" color="#FF0000"]LAST EDITED ON 07-02-03 AT
    >02:23 PM (CST)[/font]
    >
    >Great pic Paul. Not at all what I was thinking. I do that with
    >potential candidates on the phone too. Just kind of get an idea of
    >what they look like when I am talking to them. It is funny to see the
    >differences when I bring them in for interviews. xclap

Geez: When you said "showing some skin" I kinda got the impression of the Burt Reynolds centerfold in Cosmo in the 1970's.