Non-Negotiable Movies

1235»

Comments

• this thread is almost to big for my computer to load!!! It took approx 45 sec! I could call the "computer guy" and let him know I need more ram, rom (whatever) so I can view my favorite forum with ease :)

Renie

• Well, a lot of coffee and 1500 miles later I am back and suprised to see how busy (or not) you all have been.

After listening to a great deal of conservative talk radio while on the road, I have decided to protest Hollywood celebrities and their babbling anti-war lunacy by swearing off movies forever.

Paul

p.s. If you are anti-war, that is great. I don't have a problem with that. There are some good arguments on the anti-war side.

I just have a problem with celebrities who think their opinions about ANYTHING somehow matter. They should stick with what they actually do know something about: getting divorces, checking themselves into the Betty Ford Clinic, buying clothes they will never wear, and talking on cell phones.

• My favorites (some of which my husband agrees with) are:

It's a wonderful life
    A Christmas story
    Grease (my 8 year old loves it now too)
    My Cousin Vinny
    What about Mary
    Matrix
    Exorcist
    Steel Magnolias
    My Life

What about continuing the stream with plays, loved Mamma Mia, the Lion King and Joseph & the Amazing Technicolor Dreamcoat - very lively and fun!
  • Paul: You sound like you either have an underwear wedgie or someone ate your porridge.
  • Don,

Are you worried I might be trying to take your "forum curmudgeon" title from you?

I am just sick of celebrities. Seriously sick of them. I just needed to vent.

Paul
  • Or....stealing clothes they never wear! (Couldn't help myself!)
  • Those are two great movies. My favs would have to be "Big" with Tom Hanks, "The Long Hot Summer" both the old and new versions , "Sleepless in Seattle", "Vacation" "Twister".And I am sorry, but Joe Versus the Volcano has got to be one of the worst movies I have ever seen and Tom Hanks is one of my favorite actors.
  • Joe Versus The Volcano isn't a GREAT movie but its pretty good and it makes you think. Its worth the rental just to see the luggage salesman steal the movie.

If you want to talk BAD, STANKY, NO GOOD movies I would point you to:

1. Dead Presidents (Gives the word "slow" a bad name)
    2. Blood Work (almost painful at points)
    3. Titus (disgusting)

Thats all I can list because I generally avoid the real stinkers.

Paul